The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Monday, May 01, 2006

Non-Consequential Non-Sequiturs

I’m good. I made a man fall asleep in my company.

Mr Dimples was A Very Tired Person by mid-Saturday and sank happily into the plushy sofas of PanPac hotel for a quick nap.

*

I don’t suppose Mr Dimples is very eligible? There was a female ex-schoolmate at the wedding, who appeared seriously excited to see him again. Apparently they exchanged numbers and in the same evening, she sms-ed him to arrange for lunch the following week, as she was conveniently in his office area then.

*

He didn’t say anything about my get-up, saved inquiring whether it was difficult to walk. Other guys complimented me for being prettily dressed in a pinkish red chiffon sundress and black ankle boots. Oh, and he wore a pink shirt.

*

Pairing a frock with boots is possibly the easiest way to capture a man’s attention and imagination. April was double-dating to watch West Side Story on the same night and by an amazing coincidence, the other boyfriend had attended the same wedding as us. He remembered me by the attire, no thanks to the boots when all six of us collided. I mean, when April jio-ed me and we did the usual rounds of casual introductions.

April shared that the other girlfriend in the group pronounced Mr Dimples as not a social liability after we (Mr Dimples and I) had left their presence.

*

We went to The V Tea Room after attacking bbq stingray and sotong.

*

We are not dating, we really are not.

It just looks that way.

*

Mr Dimples: *pointing at an ex-classmate of ours and whispering* look at him! He has become so tall. I think he’s even taller than me!! You think so?

Me: *internally going ?!WTF!?* No lah, he was this tall already when I saw him in uni.

Mr Dimples: He’s very tall!!!

Eventually I went to share this anecdote with the guy and we had a good giggle over this. Then I pulled him over to Mr Dimples and made them stand side by side. According to official measurements, the difference is 1 cm.

Guys have this complex about height.

*

We gave the taller-than-Mr Dimples classmate a lift. He asked Mr Dimples if he had a girlfriend. Mr Dimples replied no and whether he had anyone to recommend. Taller Guy asked what were his requirements. Mr Dimples struggled hard to think and turned to ask me if I recalled. No, said I, but I believe they were kinda low. Anyone who’s a girl could fit. Said Taller Guy, aiyah, like can already. No need state requirements. It’s a feeling

*

Mr Dimples happened to develop his Tioman digital prints that day and that provided the opportunity to check out his shirtless body.

*

We hated West Side Story. I was dreadfully bored and he was indignant, declaring it to be the worst musical he had ever seen in his life.

He played Les Miserables for me in his car and passed the album to me when I left.

*

April is so not the cruelest month, yet

1 Comments:

Blogger Angeline said...

but at yesterday's lunch you didn't say leh!

and this blog doesn't believe in censorship :)

so, my dear, i'm all eyes and eyes.
anything i should know?

hahaha

11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home