The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Of Moves & Muses

Dashing Diva emailed to say I could sign up for any five dance classes of my choice anytime absolutely free at this new ladies only fitness club. Classes offered include hip hop, striptease and MTV (!?) dance. You know what, with the proliferation of dance movies like Mad Hit Ballroom and Take The Lead (which I just watched today) fanning an existing more-than-a-passing-fancy sort of interest, it’s only a matter of time before the impossible happens: that I sign up for the first exercise class in my life.

Anyhow, if things proceed as planned, I will be heading to Planet Fitness with Minchao on Sunday to move my ass (also the inaugural visit to a commercial gym), and everywhere else to get a sense of what a proper workout entails. My friend, who is a trainer/instructor there, will guide me through the moves. I thought I better put this down on record in the event I chicken out. I do have my handy reasons. Not having a proper gym bag, and gym wear, for that matter. Then there’s the general lethargy. I have been sleeping late lately and surviving on an average 5 hours of sleep. Would be nice to sleep naturally for 10 hours at a stretch instead of concussing due to fatigue and aching bones. Of course, the inordinate amount of time spent jumping round indecently and kicking air can also be more fruitfully used. Will also make another trip to New Urban Male. I dropped my earring there the last time and the guy called today. Nice.

*

My workplace is shaping up to be interesting and I have been empowered to do stuff. If only there were more hours in a day!

And right now, I’m dying to pen down all these thoughts in Chinese. Surprisingly, I could spin stories (I carry paper and pen everywhere for this past week), even though I don’t have a muse (Yes, I usually require one in order to write), well, unless recycling a discarded one counts. I’m only too grateful to write. The means don’t matter, so long as I get the words out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home