The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

The Love Language That I Do Understand

只能陪你到这里
毕竟有些事不可以
超过了友情还不到爱情

Okay it’s official why we didn’t work out. This quiz just confirms what I’ve always known. No time at all, together with repression, creates the friendly environment for the lovely 红杏 to 出墙。But that’s giving myself too much credit for progression. People grow, after all. And mostly, they grow apart. I’m hardly exception to the rule.

If the quiz is accurate, I’m big on people who spend quality time with me (or at least conveys the impression) and I enjoy the physical touch. The former is absolutely true while I must qualify that there is very stringent control over the extent of touchiness. My comfort level: I have to find the person attractive, or the thought alone of being touched (even if it’s a relatively close friend) or brushed against can make me throw up. I can go to the bathroom to wash the offended area if thought becomes reality. Obviously Mr Dimples passed with flying colours on both accounts. While Mr Veins, as the knight in not-so-shiny armour, who faithfully renders acts of services cannot be fully appreciated by yours truly. Words of affirmation rank so lowly as a necessity that I am one conceited and stuck-up individual too full of airs and pretensions for sure. I can thrive happily on my own. Receiving gifts is middle-ly placed, so perhaps I am still not as materialistic as I fear I can possibly be.

I wrote this a year ago when I was (obviously again) bored. A year later, oh, how some things have changed, and how some people never do!


The Five Love Languages

My primary love language is probably
Quality Time
with a secondary love language being
Physical Touch.


Complete set of results

Quality Time: 10
Physical Touch: 9
Receiving Gifts: 6
Acts of Service: 3
Words of Affirmation: 2



Information

Unhappiness in relationships, according to Dr. Gary Chapman, is often due to the fact that we speak different love languages. Sometimes we don't understand our partner's requirements, or even our own. We all have a "love tank" that needs to be filled in order for us to express love to others, but there are different means by which our tank can be filled, and there are different ways that we can express love to others.

Take the quiz


暧昧让人受尽委屈
找不到相爱的证据
何时该前进何时该放弃
连拥抱都没有勇气

暧昧让人变得贪心
直到等待失去意义
无奈我和你写不出结局
遗憾的美丽停在这里

More Addendum: Oops. Realised the link to the quiz didn't work. There. It works now.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How weird is this, look at mine - I think it's inaccurate (especially about the receiving gifts):

Your primary love language is probably
Quality Time
with a secondary love language being
Acts of Service.


Complete set of results
Quality Time: 12
Acts of Service: 7
Words of Affirmation: 6
Physical Touch: 5
Receiving Gifts: 0


ruth
(thanks for calling and cheering me up :))

8:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nothing to do with your post...but guess what...i got accepted to speak at a conference in Ireland....i'm all jittery now....don't know if i should go...gotta try get nus to fund me meantime:) chinyi

8:29 AM  
Blogger Angeline said...

of course you have to go, darling!!
you have to go to ireland!!! and you definitely will get funding!
does the conference offer to subsidise any bit - accommodation? per diems? so happy for you! call you when the day moves into noon :)

8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home