The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Sunday, March 19, 2006

见习爱神

我想问见习爱神如何养成
我爱的他要怎样才不会再慢吞吞
我想问见习的爱人如何胜任
爱情的课程怎样得分
这学问是否我没天份

In response to Meihui’s comment on my previous post, I did two things.

1. Avoid Mr Dimples half-heartedly. Upon learning I was free from work-related concerns today, thereby earning an extra four hours of me time, instead of getting Mr Dimples out, I tried to cajole two other persons to be with me. Mission was declared an utter failure. To be fair, I resorted to sms-ing Mr Dimples eventually and was expectantly expecting a “sorry, I can’t.” I got more than I deserved. I received silence. Well. It’s okay. I can be on my own. I’m a worldly independent woman. There’s no amount of loneliness that shopping can’t cure.

An hour later, Mr Dimples called.

He: Sorry, I only just read your sms. Where are you going?

Me: I’m going to Orchard.

He: I want to go to Orchard too! Where are you now?

Me: Er…on my way to Orchard? Actually I’m just a stop away.

He: Oh.

Me: Hey, I went out on my own. Can’t expect me to wait for you right.

He. Wait for me!!!

Moral of the story: Do not think too much. Do not read too much.

*

2. Traumatise Mr Dimples. After finding myself ending up with Mr Dimples for yet another afternoon, I decided to scare him with my decidedly preposterous thought buy. I had come into a bit of money lately from doing some stuff and was thinking of buying a branded wallet either from Burberry or Coach. That would pretty much used up every bit of what I have got and I probably have to top up some extra $100 odd. I think this business of traumatizing him was slightly more successful. But success was limited ‘cos I didn’t actually make the buy. Just talked about it. He did support the decision to buy an ipod instead. I looked at him with a straight and solemn face. Perhaps a Bvlgari watch. I’m not sure if he got it. But he said a watch is a better buy. Oh well. He was at least alarmed, I hope.

Moral of the story: I should stop these silly little tests. They suggest I think too much and read too much. Why am I driving at by scaring him?

We also browsed through Birkenstocks and golf equipment.

*

Today was also a day during which I met YJ and his wife-to-be as well as YQ, Eric and Ryan for dinner for YJ to hand out the invites personally. I also thank YJ here for keeping my online identity separated from the me in person, managing to make only one sly snide reference that no one but me understood.

The couple left us and we continued to convulse with laughter at the Mind Café along Boat Quay. Played really ridiculous games that left us in stitches.

*

Which is scarier? To end up with a perfect stranger who has no nexus with my past and history and we have to find a future together, or to end up with someone whom I already know and who shares the same life story and swims in the same pool of friends?


我想问见习爱神如何养成
除了要美得过分靠不靠可爱眼神
我想问见习的爱人如何胜任
甜美的我们怎样得分
教我们不再做冷板凳

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

;)

yj

10:26 AM  
Blogger Angeline said...

i hate knowing winks.

why you wink and what you know?

boo :X

sigh, the lady doth protest too much

7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home