The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Monday, February 20, 2006

I Only Hear What I Want To

and you say i only hear what i want to:
i don't listen hard,i don't pay attention to the distance that you're running
or to anyone, anywhere,i don't understand if you really care,
i'm only hearing negative: no, no, no.

For the whole of yesterday, I have been sporadically thinking about sending that casual sms to the number I have symbolically deleted, no thanks to coming across a news report that carried his name. It should be something natural and neutral, such as: so you were quoted out of context? How come they make you sound so stupid? But that sounds a tad too familiar and friendly. Then again, it could be me overanalyzing and seeing complex sticky brackets and tricky formulae in a simple situation that can be easily reduced to a balancing zero sum equation (by canceling alone), if only I can just take things at face value. Sigh.


so i turned the radio on, i turned the radio up,
and this woman was singing my song:
the lover's in love, and the other's run away,
the lover is crying 'cause the other won't stay.

Well, sporadic thinking (but never any less insistent) because I was in the good company of Mr Dimples. Subsequently, we went for a late night movie and supper with Minxiu, Meihui and Jingcai. Nice distractions, but. So I tried “releasing” by telling Mr Dimples about him in the anecdotal context of a friend whom we ( Mr Dimples, myself and a few mutual friends) should be glad I have kept a distance from, given this latest report.

i think that i'm throwing, but i'm thrown.
and i thought I'd live forever, but now i'm not so sure.
you try to tell me that i'm clever,
but that won't take me anyhow, or anywhere with you.

I managed to pick up my repaired charms bracelet, and together with Mr Dimples, signed up for Citibank credit cards, got some free vouchers, wheedled more free vouchers (the officer asked if I were above 21 years old, like duh lor), in between watching a theatre production at the Esplanade and Brokeback Mountain.

(Maybe he is Ennis.)

you said that i was naive, and i thought that i was strong.
i thought, "hey, i can leave, i can leave."
but now i know that i was wrong, 'cause i missed you.

I have only been thinking about it so far. I really don’t think I should. It may unravel all the good work I have done (accomplished simply by doing nothing). While backpedaling may be fun, we may fall hard once more, with feeling.

(you say) i only hear what i want to

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home