The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Saturday, February 04, 2006

Ministry of Sound

I’m really enjoying a good festive start. The night before at MOS adds to an overall sense of well-being and equilibrium. I went clubbing with the same core group of people I was with for my first club experience. It has been 8 years and the first club we were at together (ChinaJump @Chijimes) has since closed down. But thankfully, people can and do still stay faithful. The other good news is, we are definitely better at shaking our booties now.

MOS is just, big. Size matters obviously, but so does music, more so for a club. I can't decide whether it's cool that they played Sesame Street on the main dance arena (yes, it goes Sunny day/Sweepin' the clouds away/On my wayto where the air is sweet/Can you tell me how to get,how to get to Sesame Street - that song). No, I think it was in its pure form, not one of those funny remixes.

I love the deco of 54. Love the half bubble seat swing (whatever you call it) and the candy colours and disco lights. Very the hardcore retro okay. I look at the numerous disco balls (heh) and just want to do a John Travolta finger-pointing inthe air.

Pure makes me feel stoned just being in it. It's a very surreal room, perfect for orgies to take place. Be hypnotised the moment you step in and indulge in some, er, indulgent decadence.

Smoove is the R&B place which makes it the 'in' place to be in by default. It's also the place to be in if you want to molest people and get away with it. Sweaty bodies were just grinding one another, quite gross if you are like me and only want to be crushed by someone you know. Luckily, we had the perfect guy/girl ratio of 1:1.

Ladies' night is apparently retro night butI find the retro selection to be uneven and inconsistent. Not sufficient familiar hits were played in order such that a climax can be reached and some sort of momentum high achieved.

One of the funniest moment had to be during that "I want to break free song" where Meihui started punching the air with her fists and yelled backup "from my bond." I followed lustily too. Minxiu went for a smoke/drink/toilet break and missed the wry joke completely.

After settling down at trusty old Mac for supper (all other shops were closed still for CNY!), we called up Qinwei who is at Illinois right now and also part of this ongoing for 13 years group thing. Qinwei dear, youhave to photoshop yourself into the group photo but I can write you into the group entry :) Hope to see you again very soon!

I love clubbing and I love my friends.

*

a sober minxiu: Do I dance dirty enough?

a smiling me: No, you don't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha.

2 Comments:

Blogger cinewhore said...

Did I really say that? I can't remember. Maybe I wasn't that sober after all.

2:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the 'breaking free from bond' part is quite funny...hehe...

5:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home