The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

The 2005 Review

2005 has quietly passed on without any monumental milestones of a personal nature.

It has been a particularly uneventful and unaccomplished year in terms of non-blogging writing (which is how I measure every year).

Work-wise, it can always be better.
It can always be better.

And I have, to my horror, degenerated from plain lazy to a slatternly sloth. That applies in all areas, especially on the domestic front. Shall spend my leave doing housekeeping and tidying. Oh, and I swear to exercise (now where/when have we heard that before).

I really haven’t done anything of note, saved kicking someone successfully out of my life.

(Hmmm. Looks like I need to get pat down the 2006 aspirations as a to-do guide very soon. It’s getting harder to be proud of procrastinating. The ironic relish and perverse pleasure is fast wearing thin.)

Happily, I think I can prolong this report by covering relationships, as usual.

On the social front, I’m grateful how most friends have stayed with me and stood by me I’m sure my irresistible charm and love for them contributed to their steadfast 不离不弃ness.

Others of lesser calibre and credit have flitted away (ostensibly so, but more like fled in terror) and I remain flippant – maybe they will come back someday - like a Rick Price’s song haunting over the airwaves unexpectedly. Maybe we will embrace one another’s lives again. I have no need to know.

Maybe just like another sad love song wrecking the brain and mind, overplayed and overhyped, it is excellent riddance to the very bad rubbish littering my social landscape (for good).

Some ties were rediscovered and found to be tighter and closer, for which I am glad to be in possession of to ward off the ever-growing, ever-hovering cynicism (for now).

And how can I not mention: the small group of readers monitoring this blog’s inane progression and regression. We know each other through living vicariously. Strangers we may be, but we follow one another’s lives with interest.


Yes, prune, prune if only to dance, dance in the sun rays again, smell the blooming roses, enjoy a surprise harvest and be inspired to write properly and professionally once more.

1 Comments:

Blogger A Simple Man said...

just happen to "browse by" - just to drop a note to say hello

2:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home