The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Sunday, January 22, 2006

And So It Is, Just Like You Said It Would Be


In the end, I trusted my gut instincts and hedged my bets on the digital camera that CH recommended.

I ended up with a Fujifilm FinePix F11 that has unanimous approval from everyone who knows a thing or two about cameras. I paid $600 for it, inclusive of GST, tripod stand, original Fuji leather casing, 512MB memory card, and the protective screen in Alan Photo at Sim Lim Square, which I find to be a pretty good deal.

Moral of the story: Amassing things is the quickest way to acquire knowledge. I now sort of know stuff after I had asked around and did some online research. Give me till mid Feb to master my new love and I can pass off for something weightier than an amateur.


*

Went shopping for New Year clothes for my friend (too busy to shop till today). He ended up with a striped shirt at Domachi but not before remarking he found checkered shirts weird. I confessed my weakness for them and large/oversized shirts on tall guys, plus a strange aversion for guys in polo tees. So yes, I must say he cut an appealing figure when I peered into the changing room to give my solicited but very, very biased opinion. i think tall (and lean) guys should just seriously stick to wearing large/oversized shirts.

*

Dinner at
here. Fish, Steak and Level 3 Buffalo Wings. And yes, I am clear what I do not want now.

The place is different from I remember. I’m here with another. We drove.

Some things, did they really happen?

and so it is
just like you said it would be
life goes easy on me

And my friend gave me a Tuesdays with Morrie DVD as a belated birthday gift.


Oh yes, and that's a Harvard University tee I am proudly wearing. Granted it's not a sweatshirt and my metal rimmed glasses are in my bag but well, it's an improvisation from this. That guys are supposed to dig girls wearing stuff from Ivy League schools. I shared this with Meihui and she promptly bought the tee for both of us when she was in Boston for her rendezvous! You go, girl!

Addendum: Too hot in Singapore to wear a sweatshirt okay. At least I can wear the Harvard tee anytime, anywhere.

Disclaimer: I didn't put up the picture because I was in a Harvard top lah. It's to showcase my new baby - how despite harsh white lighting and utter lack of photoshop. we can still look pretty decent. The nice guy attending to me in the shop, when I had confirmed my camera buy, took it upon himself (woah, very the got initiative, shop and service strongly recommended) to snap the picture of my friend and I and had it printed on the spot for us. So the Harvard thing is a fortuitous coincedence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home