The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

姐妹们的聚会好happy

I had the loveliest time with 3 of my favourite people last night. With my 姐妹 Ruth, April and Chinyi, we trotted to Golden Mile Tower at Beach Road for a healthy dose of old school Chineseness. This comes in the form of Thien Kee Steamboat where we had great fun masquerading as decent cooks of broth and a yummy time overall (we turned out to be very decent). I really think we should meet more often as a foursome instead of being rounded up on the grand average of once a year.

姐妹们的聚会好happy

说来说去永远说不到你
场面绝对不会冷清
八卦的话题做带劲

Chinyi’s birthday provides the perfect pretext to meet. I was horribly late due to a last minute production call. So all three of them had to wander around Parco for 1.5 hours prior to my arrival (I have zilch idea how to get to Golden Mile Tower) but that also gave Ruth the opportunity to buy me my belated birthday gift – a very-pretty-and-cute-but-not-nauseatingly-cutesy Hello Kitty bag that I adore to bits! My best friend, ever the practical creature, chose one that was in safe office colours of brown, cream black and grey (apart from the white kitten, that is). Very thoughtful! Now I can carry it anywhere without fearing for its mortality, unlike my usual Japanese hand sewn cloth cat bags (found in basement of Takashimaya) that turn very, very dirty within a ridiculously short period of time.

After steaming the boat, we settled down in Café Le Caire at Arab Street. Unfortunately, work has rubbed away some corners and none of us are as happening and energetic as before. At 11.30pm +++, we happily called it a night and cabbed home.

I can’t recall all the nonsense we sprouted, apart from sterilizing the prawn, but I sure haven’t felt so good for the longest time. Good in the joyful, zesty, feeling-very-young-and-carefree-and-careless sense.

姐妹们的聚会好happy

上了发卷幻想自己是巨星
戴上太阳眼镜就更接近
今天一定要是最美丽
老了以后还是要继续
把老公小孩都留在家里

In other news: I watched Broken Flowers. Thought of getting an ipod. Mr Dimples called. We considered the merits of using his credit card and his company apple scheme to make purchase. Discovered my company also has such a scheme and that the scheme screams buyers beware (‘cos disclaims all responsibility). Decided against pod (poopoo) and to buy a digital cam instead. The cam is both a necessity and a want. Especially now that the one Mr Dimples has loaned me takes mostly ghostly pictures. Ruth and I will be watching this. I want to go for this too. Any person to accompany me?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home