The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

All I Want For Christmas Is You

Office parties are quite scary. They provide the best excuses to boogie and flirt like crazy.

As part of a Christmas item, I was the coveted young girl singing All I Want For Christmas Is You. “You” in question happened to be a very attractive and strapping man. Not the kind I would take a second look at on the streets, in the sense he is too good-looking (and therefore puts me off immediately in the strangest way). But can I confess he has the body of a God? I had to fondle him and ahhhhhh, those pecs! He’s so incredibly buffed and muscular. Apart from that, and those veins, plus that he smells good, seriously so not my type. But I want to worship his body.

Then you see people taking every single available opportunity to be sexy and come hither, and hug, hug, draping the self across another, and yet another and having a good time. It’s really letting loose with no inhibitions.

And there are the people who are physical as well as cheeky. The IT professional and I were casually propped next to each other, and suddenly the DGM half stumbled over and told me to be careful, because he (referring to the IT guy) likes young underaged girls. And later on, let on that he (DGM) himself was more dangerous and likes young, young girls too. Hahaha. And statements like that fly over very frequently last night. Went mad, lah.

But being the scholar is always costly and a casualty. When the DGM plonked himself beside me eventually, he was loudly chastened by another that he cannot be funny towards me, ‘cos I’m a scholar. Sigh. Now I know why I’m not getting more than the fair share of fun.

I was in a drowsy state a couple hours later, thanks to the free flow booze. Suddenly red wine was good, and even double shots of vodka tasted less vile (I don’t usually drink). I sat on the sofa and watched the remaining people dance to non-retro music (the blasphemy!) in a comfortable daze, occasionally breaking out of the reverie when people dragged me to join them gyrate..


On a totally irrelevant note, I won a $298 leather diary casing.

2 Comments:

Blogger cinewhore said...

No! Dancing to retro is the blasphemy!

3:42 AM  
Blogger mr.udders said...

is not. and you should have just taken the chance to snog random men. come on, you're only young once. make all the SAP male readers of your blog jealous! hahahahaha :)

1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home