The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Normalcy II

Apparently, he harbours aspirations of retiring in Scotland as a painter. The revelation came easily as we strolled through Art Retreat in Ubi Techpark and in between passing all sorts of remarks on the works of Lee Man Fong, Wu Guanzhong & other Indonesian Masters. Examined, or rather, studied a pictorial book of Balinese nudes in all seriousness. It’s probably sexier than Sexpo, I quipped. My favourite piece of displayed art was titled Ruins & Piano.

Then we drove to Marina Square. I said I don’t really have a habit of shopping with a guy in tow, but circumstances called for it, as I only have time that day to check out these Evita Peroni hair combs (for piling up the hair) that were discounted for UOB cardholders. Luckily, he needed to buy a cover for his newly acquired Palm too. I reminded him before starting my rounds of preening, to please play with his Palm and ignore me. Amazingly, he was sufficiently intrigued by the expensive hair accessories to start looking around the shop.

It’s always nice to have an encouraging person to justify my buys. I bought the bejeweled combs, obviously. The salesgirl appeared to have undercharged me. I asked if she were sure this is the price, ‘cos this meant I am paying $30 less that I should be. She said no mistakes, no. After leaving my contact to be notified of new products and promotions, I left the shop feeling very pleased with my buys.

15 minutes later, the salesgirl called to ask me to return to the shop as she has undercharged me. WTF.

He was very amused by this turn of events. I was quite upset and pained.

Had dinner at Dian Xiao Er and drank Nu Er Hong (me) and Zhuang Yuan Hong (him). Tasted like a bitter version of Chicken Essence. He gallantly offered to pay for dinner to offset my loss.

Walked to Millenia to dress his Palm. Nothing suitable. Ended up in men’s section in Raoul and listening to an interesting expose on one.two ply shirts and French cuffs. Popped into British India Company.

Sat through the very enjoyable A Twist Of Fate and ended the night as such.

*


Normalcy is underrated. Henceforth, I shall place the premium on it.

3 Comments:

Blogger cinewhore said...

Dimples are nice. And I'm sure he has veins too. If not, just hint that he should do more weights.

11:02 AM  
Blogger cinewhore said...

PS: Did you know that you can get artificial dimples from a plastic surgeon? Apparently they do a procedure from the inside of your cheek and voila! Instant dimples!

11:03 AM  
Blogger Angeline said...

i finally remembered to check for his veins on Saturday! Sneaking looks while poring over the book of Balinese nudes together. they are occasionally visible? :)

instant dimples sound terrifying. can you decide on the size and depth??

1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home