The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Sunday, October 30, 2005

Being the Bimbo III (No More)

I’m officially ending my taitai stint and stop living the high life.

I’m just too good at it.

Friday night: $65 pedicure at Dashing Diva and got very flushed by sipping a complimentary Cosmopolitan, followed by $59 (for two pax) Tony Romas very late night dinner.

Saturday: $189 for a very soft washed-out red leather shoulder bag (love at first sight) from Country Road, $129 x2 JWest shoes: a lovely pair of blood red ballerina pumps with requisite tiny ribbon and diamond studded, as well as a pair of very high working stiletto heels in gorgeous royal purple. $19.50 very sweet Future State camisole. Throw in taitai tea at Copenhagen: $23 per person.

I spent close to $600 in two days. *gulp* Well, the camisole was bought after a 50% discount and I had a free JWest bag as part of the deal. As Geraldine’s boyfriend said calmly without batting an eyelid, the bag totally justified my purchase. I’m sorry we had met under such monstrous circumstances – he came to retrieve/claim the girlfriend at night and she was actually the person eyeing the shoes, except there were none in her size for the heels and she couldn’t decide which colour for the pumps. Me, I just grabbed first and think later (the purple heels were the last of its kind).

It’s all Geraldine’s fault. Besides, if I hadn’t gone shopping earlier while waiting for her, I would NEVER have come across the (also) last of that Country Road bag, and bought it with nary a consideration either.

I know. How atrocious. I’m very contrite. Hence, my decision to live like a heartlander does for the whole of November.

Right after I’ve bought that Espirit tote bag and shawl (only two digits) tomorrow. (Stop me, Ruth!!!)

Thereafter, I shall be totally austere. Really.

Argh. Taitai-dom is too easy-peasy.

And this is the third and last entry in the trilogy of Bimbo-hood.

It was fun while it lasted.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

*obliges*

pls control yourself and save some $ for our you know what to you know where. especially if its a bag. you already have tons of those!!

ruth

8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home