The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Never Crossed

As I have written before, I’m unlikely to attend his wedding (if it ever takes place with the same female of affection), mostly because of bridal objections, and probably his inherent embarrassment and guilt. Our paths will never cross again. We have, somehow, manage to avoid bumping into each other, without intending to, for the past 2 years or so. His number has been deleted and I, on the other hand, have been curt and rude enough, in no uncertain terms, the times he has tried to communicate, to get the message across: Leave me alone.

Then again, it seems like we may see one another after all.

I have received confirmed news from girlfriend G, whom I love dearly, that G is getting officially married *gulp* in December. So my crazy little mind, so deprived of the ascetic Philo and the aesthetic Lit once so accustomed to the critical heaviness, now reasons lightly that she is G’s best friend (yes, that was how complex things were back then) from JC and will definitely be there, with him. If so, I need to look my best in two months. Renewed motivation to accomplish a lot of things by then.

Nothing beats a desire to be small and to spite, and be smaller, still.

Ahhhh!!! So loser!!!! I am indignant at my clichéd reaction but no less determined to make the situation work in my favour.


I try to remember G’s happiness should supercede my own selfish thoughts, or worse, plotting. Sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home