The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Monday, October 24, 2005

Being The Bimbo II

I haven’t seen Geraldine for years. She was my best friend in DHS 2I. We have only met twice since we graduated from there. Once during the Nov/Dec vacation of JC1 during which we watched the sneak preview of Titanic and teared (I stand by that it is the greatest movie ever made, story and technique wise). The last time was when she came back from Cornell and just before we both started serving our respective bonds.

Even with the years, distances and many new found close (and closer) friends between us, we always have a kind of connection that makes it very easy to pick up from where we left, like it was only yesterday.

Thanks to Minxiu who got me her number during his DHS 4A chalet (Geraldine and I lost our handphones and with them, went everything else) very recently, we have since resumed very, very friendly ties.

In fact, we have arranged to be young taitai-s together next week. First stop – Dashing Diva for manicure & pedicure, shopping, maybe visit the spa, having tea @Royal Copenhagen, lunch or dinner @Marmalade Pantry.

*

I do find it sad that my life has been reduced to consuming and that what drives me is a superficial desire to own, to conquer, to look pretty and to live decadently the good life.

Does that mean money is very important now?

Another scholar bites the dust. I mean, broke her bond. She became a banker. Maybe it’s the pay.

Will I be happier if I own a Coach wallet? Or a Coach *whatever*?

Not necessarily, but I would be very pleased if I can actually buy one without needing to argue with my inner prudent self.


As it is, I can only manage a $75 mango cardigan thoughtlessly. Yup, that's my buy for the day.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yikes this is becoming an addiction.

check out my email! finally sent it to the right address!

the last link (to the lingerie place) might evoke your taitai emotions.

anonymoose

9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home