The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Saturday, October 08, 2005

The Little Girl

My supervisor is taking me to this Law-Media Debate, motion being “The Media Holds More Power Than The Law.” Lots of Young Lawyers there, she nodded approvingly at my other favourite colleague who smiled most conspiratorially, The Little Girl must go, without realizing the irony of my trying to wean off contact with The Lawyer. Wait, Mr Veins ain’t a lawyer, yet, I don’t think he ever served out his pupilage. All right then, maybe A Lawyer is better than The Prosecutor any day and I shouldn’t tar lawyers just because one was unbecoming to begin with. And yes, I’m known as The Little Girl in code office language.

*

I looked at my colleague in mock horror when she happily assured our Japanese partners that we don’t need an interpreter because I can do it, for my command of Japanese language is very good. Yes, I was very good, then I stopped learning, speaking and writing because there were no avenues or reasons to, and I am reduced to basics. I still have the essential kawaii intonation of desu yo, ne and all though. Nevertheless, time to go through my Japanese and not embarrass myself when native speakers start yakking yak at me. Zenbu dekimasu!

*


Turns out I do know the DPP handling the seditious case. She’s from my JC. Ruth will know her better though, as they were classmates for two years. Really, people I know are constantly making headlines. I do too, literally, but in a most indirect way, which is how I like to keep it for the time being.

2 Comments:

Blogger cinewhore said...

Well, you can ask that DPP how she feels about selling out her humanity and common sense in the sevitude of an iron-fisted, authocratic, borderline-psychotic government then.

11:07 PM  
Blogger Angeline said...

Appparently the remarks were truly vile and inflammatory.

but they didn't publish any extract or sample, probably believing making public what was so offensive will be offending, thus defeating the purpose of prosecuting the bloggers in the first place. Must be hushed up and made disappeared!

The DPP is a non-chinese by the way.

11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home