The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Saturday, November 19, 2005

Life Was Beautiful Then & Now

I like friends who bother. And I have many who do – I’m the most blessed person (as blessed by mysterious beings).

*


Was naughty on Wednesday, and threw an almost tantrum when I wanted to watch Potter suddenly and immediately, like now, and was suitably hindered for the most obvious of reasons. Yeun wasn’t free – he had his architectural presentation due and told me next week will be better. I went hmph and logged off msn straightaway in unreasonable annoyance. Best friend tried her best, which was a hesitant maybe for the next day, and I hung up on her after a curt bye. YQ said he would accompany me, even to the extent of catching the 9.25pm show (the only time I can make it) but he backed out upon realizing there were only the first three rows of seats left for sale. I was sufficiently frustrated to stop finding people, in case I burst from irritation at not having my way and having more “no-s” heading here instead.

Then later at night, YQ messaged his apologies for pulling out due to lack of good seats and he booked tickets for Sunday. I was quite content, the crankiness gone.

*

Had a not-so-quick chat with Dorcas on the phone. The perils of being in the government directory, that’s how I tracked her down. We have been sporadically smsing each other with a lag of up to a week in between the spasms. I finally can’t take it anymore and rang her to nail a date for a threesome with Ruth. That was when I realized she knows Mr Veins.

Me: I still have no idea what you do as an AR. This crazy DPP friend of mine was saying ARs look after the registers in the registry, and I’m like WTF. How can he use the root word thrice to explain what registrars do.

And Dorcas was, I guess, tickled enough to ask who the mad man is.

Me: I don’t think you’d know but he’s *insert Mr Veins’ full dialect name*

Dorcas: Ooh, I just had lunch with him and his friend.

Me: WTF! Small world siah! *runs and hide in corner*

*

So we fix the threesome dinner on the 3rd. Happy things happening then. Grace getting married – I’m attending her church wedding in the afternoon and a dinner at Botanic Gardens the next day.

*

Receiving a lovely call from Joyance (from NUSSU days). I screamed when she announced who she was and yes, she and Abel are getting married (they are already formally wedded but have not thrown the dinners) and she’s 2 months pregnant.

I can’t attend the wedding dinner ‘cos I’m in HK by then. Sigh. At least 50% of the gang can’t turn up. That’s a shame, cos we used to be really close as a committee. The ties are still there, but the meet-ups more infrequent. Those were the days we could change the world.

Now all I want is to stop the world from changing me.

*

Huixin’s homecoming. My good friend is finally returning to Singapore after a year in New Zealand. She’s going to HK too and with a bit of luck, we can reunite in HK!

*

On Friday ie today, my phone rang in the middle of a mini crisis -

Mr Dimples: I’m looking at the sea now. I’m on a ship.

Me: This is insane. Are you on reservist? No? Don’t you have to work!!!

Mr Dimples: I’m working. It’s bigger than a cruise ship!

Me: I hate you.

Anyway, the weekend plans: we will drive to Ubi to mock admire (in utter ignorance) some art works first before we attempt to shop together, followed by the dinner and show bit.

*


Busy and happy week. Must remember to set some time aside to read Yeun’s very interesting architectural thesis – don’t play play okay, people got use differance and derrida to talk about memory and meanings in buildings. Stunned, right. Impressive, without reading.

1 Comments:

Blogger cinewhore said...

It is impossible to look glam when attending a wedding dinner in the Botanic Gardens - it's too freaking hot. I tried, and I failed.

4:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home