The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Thursday, November 10, 2005

恋与念

Despite many, any hazardous moments over the weekend, I was happy to meet someone whom I feel I could seriously like (read: develop an immediate crush)within the first few seconds of meeting him. It helps tremendously that he bears a scary resemblance to this manly HK actor, and is very attractive in an unthreatening and unassuming way.

Just how seriously likeable is he? Likeable enough so that I totally forgot about checking out whether he has veins or dimples. That’s a sure sign of being blinded – conveniently ignoring what I have always zoomed in, magnified and examined, without fail.

It was nice chatting with him. His real job is a Chinese teacher in a secondary school. Our paths crossed because he was moonlighting as a writer and was covering my event.

Still, he could be attached and married for all I know. And he probably is, I saw him with a girl subsequently at my event

But he called me tonight.

(to send in shots of the event to his editor, lah but it was rather endearing – he kinda tripped over his words and the call lasted 10minutes)

Oh well. And that’s the end of a nothing tale.

*

Public Service Announcement: Legendary discipline master Mr Kiw (and the occasional Chinese teacher) is officially retiring from Dunman High this year.

After almost a decade, I finally called him instead of just thinking about it. He remembers me (and I have no doubt he does) but I do think it would be wickedly funny if he remembers me as some other person.

Well, we’ll find out. I’m going to his place for dinner and do some proper catching up.

English Transcript of phone conversation. NB: Chinese meanings are utterly lost in translation -

Mr Kiw: I’ll cook. You can all come for dinner.

Me *chuckles*: Er…I think there’s only me. I don’t keep in touch with my sec 4 class, those that I do, they were not taught by you and in any case, Mr Kiw, I’m sure you’re aware of your reputation. It’s difficult. I hope that’s okay. IT’S ONLY ME!!!

Mr Kiw: Of course.

Haha.


Well, any ex-Dunmanians reading this blog, if you wanna join me, and reminisce over dinner about days of being a Dunmanian with a living legend (and argue, argue, argue as equals), just drop me a note before the weekend.

1 Comments:

Blogger cinewhore said...

Haha, count me out. The mother connection makes it a little to uncomfortable.

11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home