The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Sunday, December 11, 2005

如果·爱

Scene: In the middle of a zi char dinner by the East Coast roadside.

YQ: Every time I look into the mirror after my swim, I think I look very buffed. But the buffness disappears after a meal leh.

Eric: Yah, I also feel like Mr Universe after my run and doing weights. Can see all the veins.

Me: *chokes* Err…guys. See the guy in the sleeveless top who took our orders just now? I hate to provide the reality check but now, that is really buffed and muscular lor.

Scene: Calling for the bill. YQ waving zealously.

Eric: We should let her (referring obviously to yours truly) do it, you know. We might get a good discount.

Me: I doubt it. He sees me having dinner with two guys. That just about blows it.

Eric: That’s the point. He sees you with two skinny guys and goes, these two are no match for me.

Me: Wah lau, actually the two of you are not too bad, okay. Lean is good. I have seen lesser ones *Flashback of Mr Veins*

The above was one of the little bits that cheered me up in a super-duper tiring week.

*

I’ve cancelled my flight to Hong Kong. It’s for the best. As a dire/direct outcome, my Best Friend cannot leave either. She has not disowned me as her Best Friend, for which I’m grateful and guilty. But I’m not feeling enough of either to prevent me from snapping at her impatiently when she caught me at my foulest.

This has been a bad, bad week. I’m very tired. Working gives me reason to stay sensible and dignified but my physical tiredness is holding me back when I’m dying to blast off.

*

I like Perhaps Love. Takeshi is as intense as ever, except I never quite got used to the job he had on his eyelids (he used to have one single eyelid and a double one, now he has both double!!), so that’s a very tiny minus to his overall swoonsome package. Did I mention he has the ultimate manly voice?

But to the plot, it is as realistic a modern love story as you can get.

Frivolous. Vengeful. Sentimental. Whoring.

我曾经有一个爱情故事

我开始怀疑它是否真实

我们把一切结束

爱是假如不是幸福
我比你清楚

我要你掉着眼泪
说你假如能回到最初
我却说不

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home