The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Saturday, December 03, 2005

The Bored Post

Late afternoon -

Boss: Quick, grab a copy of XXX!!! You kanna quoted okay. Die!

Me: Sure anot? You not pulling my leg ah!

Boss: Get 5 copies!!

Late evening – upon reading what was published -

Me: Wah lau you also kanna what. Worse, you endorsed my opinion!!! We make a great team!!

Boss: Yes! Agreed!

So that was me, and my boss in the papers. Quite cool, and very amusing. I had no idea I would be quoted. The journalist was, amazingly enough, factually accurate and did use my words accordingly without screwing/skewing the intended meaning. This was a pleasant surprise, considering some horror tales floating around from people I know personally.

*

I love April very much, even though she never reads my blog. She’s such a dear to join me in conquering the malls. We battled at Far East and I emerged victorious, with 2 pairs of the most exquisite, pretty earrings ever seen, together with a lovely, lovely baby blue charm bracelet and a VIP membership from the store.

I was supposed to shop for a dress to wear for Grace’s church wedding taking place today but the accessories rule supremacy on the must-get list the moment I saw them. I figured they would make any outfit sparkle, sparkle and look new.

Whatever the case, it felt pretty good to be decked out in jeans and a casual top and sauntering out of the house only at the provocative noon on a Wednesday. I can believe I’m still in NUS, and on my way to attending a 2pm lecture or taking the 2pm paper.

*

Why am I so busy? Where did all that time go?

*

Why is my house so messy?

*

I have resolved to keep track on paper my spending, using the little book Ruth gave me. My card bill came precariously close to a four figure digit.

*

I just want to stir things and stun you out of comfort and complacency. To make you sit up and take the mental note that you never mess with me, you never should.

*

For the onion lady, please pack condoms and lubricants.

For the man-whore, it’s wonderful that you have The Admirer! One only, cos the anonymous comment was yours truly, so that doesn’t quite count.

*

It’s The Wedding Day.


Will I see someone there?

3 Comments:

Blogger cinewhore said...

But they're ALL anonymous!

11:10 PM  
Blogger Angeline said...

It's quite clear which one is from me lah.

11:26 PM  
Blogger cinewhore said...

You might wanna try other things mah... so can have lube. Wahaha...

8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home