The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Thursday, January 05, 2006

蜡烛都点了 - 寂寞, 可亮了?

Today was spent in an understated manner that brought me quiet joy. There were the usual calls and sms-es. Some were expected, some came as a pleasant surprise, and some cannot be mentioned, much as I wished, for they never reach me (which simply means I didn’t hear from them), and never will again, I believe.

As always, Best Friend thinks my birthday falls tomorrow. She can never remember, just like how I am often confused whether hers is on the first or second of July. But that’s okay. Qiuyan is all heart and love – despite being on call at the hospital two days and nights in a row, she managed to wish me chirpily before sinking into comatose. My primary school friend, he remembered. My internal and external partners-in-crime at work all did. Mr Dimples blamed his pda for insistently reminding him.

So many people who mattered tried to do something to show that they know and care. But we have always cared for and run after the absence more, ever since Derrida showed that’s the only principled way to live. With my dignity in shreds (known only to myself), I made the mental checklist of what is not there and what cannot be there. Whatever.

Happy Birthday to me. I’ve come a long way, but it has not ended, and, the show must go on. May I always retain the bountiful beauty and incandescent intellect. May I be rewarded with enduring youth, endless wealth, enchanting love and enriching friendships throughout my journey in Life. May I always see reason and light in the darkest of hours and panic not. May I always choose wisely but follow my heart. May I always dream.

Not easy, but hell, I’ve only 18+1 years to my name. Plenty of time.

May I always smile from the heart and have a sense of humour to my name.


May I move on. May I chase after my beliefs. May I not stray too far from the heart, the brain, the principles and people I love.

生日快乐
我对自己说
蜡烛点了
寂寞亮了

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday.

12:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home