The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Sunday, December 25, 2005

Christmas 2005

Okay the last post was written too dramatically. Must have reality check and manage expectations of others, like those of my dear friend.

The non-religious Mr Dimples started off by saying he and his good friend (whom I do not know) were considering watching a church musical and asked whether I had anything on eve, and if I wanted to join them. Dinner will be herbal chicken and/or turtle soup at Geylang.

As we all know, I said yes eventually. Yes, even when I had no-no-ed Ruth and Elaine to attend their church performances.

My reasons: I believe Ruth and Elaine will have no time for me, and I wasn’t prepared to sit through everything, referring to worship and prayers. Plus, we had a car. And I’m sure we could leave immediately once the musical ended.

The musical wasn’t bad at all, just too draggy and needed heavy editing (that was I smsed you impetuously to say I’m having a dreadful time). The choir and music were really decent.

And then we (3 guys and a girl, ‘cos another had decided to join us) left.

Then we nua-ed at this tong shui place just opposite Great World City (couldn’t direct them to the Teochew mui place and called to ask but eventually dropped the idea).

Talked, talked, eat, eat, laughed, laughed and countdown.

Mr Dimples was very kind to insist driving through Orchard on the return journey so that we can soak in the lights and be Christmassy, never mind the scary population spilling across streets and towards oncoming traffic. Somehow we managed to drive out soon enough, but not without marveling why a large portion of the crowds is merely standing there and not going anywhere. Are they stoned, stoning.

That’s all. Not terribly exciting from Meihui’s POV, I’m sure. But I had fun.


Merry Christmas. I hope you are with someone dear, sweet and loving.

1 Comments:

Blogger Angeline said...

'cos we keep eating? :)

merry christmas!! will you be back in Singapore for a short stay?

10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home