The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

The Hand That Reached Out

Eek. Someone tried to hold my hand. I wasn’t very sure what to do. So putting my trust in all those Japanese doramas I had surfeited on as a teen, I tried to pull away modestly and quietly. Equally quiet and no less persistent, the hand that held mine reached for it again, and held on.

And we walked, in silence.

And in the spirit of CNY, we went to visit my relatives.

It was too surreal, and eventually I figured I must be dreaming, and struggled to wake up. But not before I experienced the mock terror of losing my new digital camera in the same dream.

What a way to begin the second day of Chinese New Year. Whew. Now let me jinx and unjinx this by writing about it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks to the way you structured this i thought it was a real occurence until the end bits of the post...well i would still like to know the male lead of the dream!

10:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops. anonymous was me. -ruth

10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home