The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Friday, February 17, 2006

学(不)会

Movies and theatre offer a way out. Certainly not the best of methods though, nor a good means, when they fall short or suck to begin with, leaving you more dissatisfied than ever. I devoured the following in less than 10 days and had indigestion.

Fun with Dick and Jane: Not fun at all.

Confessions of 300 Single Men: If you thought single men were sad, this production is sadder. They tried, I came, but I did not come.

亲亲菘菘音乐会
- I enjoyed. Even though it comes across more as a school production, because a lot of airplay was given to unknowns ie students from their school. Guest appearances abound, including Peng Jia Hui, Wu Jing Kang, Jimmy Ye and Stefanie Sun. I saw my “idol” during adolescence 田劲 who is now too overwhelmingly muscular even for me. Eek. I scared. He was pretty well built to begin with but having caught the latest sizing of his pecs and abs and their prominence, I go WTF instead of lusting happily as I used to. Didn’t go for the post-concert party, partly because I doubt Muscle Man will be there.

金大班的最后一夜 – Awful. Simplistic. Bewildering. Bizarre. Self-congratulatory. I feel nothing. Well, it extorted no emotions but I did fall asleep.

Matchpoint: See this blog’s review.

Walk The Line: Lovely intense on-screen chemistry. I love the complex relationship between Johnny and June and how they finally manage to end up together after years of denial and suppression.

*

我走过分手那天的街尾

纪念我深深爱过的人是谁
像指纹印在心里真的很美
应该忘了你可是我学不会

Valentine – is that why he left me? He is no longer, and I was getting better, but there are times, like now, that I don’t feel I’ve made any leeway in the living without. Is there not a glimmer of hope that we can meet? No, not with our characters and temperaments.

别再问我那一天才能学会

我要的世界你不能给
有些爱情会给时间一些香味
它迟了一点却把我的心灌醉

谁看见我流过了几次眼泪
它滴在心里让我学会
每段故事都有属于它的收尾
它偶尔可以提醒我自己不能退

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

why in the world did you watch fun with dick and jane?? unless you are a fan of jim carrey, it seems like a not so good idea...

or of course if the tickets are free. but still.

1:36 AM  
Blogger Angeline said...

it was "free" :)

10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home