The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Thursday, February 09, 2006

The Call & Grease Is Still The Word

Last night, he called to share scholarly frustrations.

Do you feel better; is today a better day than yesterday? He asked. And I think I am experiencing what you were describing yesterday.

Yes, he was the one who told me I was profound when I had smsed a terse (and tense and tempestuous) note on the vain exorcism of shitty days.

My means of coping, of inscribing meaningfully – there are two. I tell myself I am not measured solely by my job and I am so much more than my job. For those into mantras, simply chant: (1) I am not validated by my job and (2) I am, other than my job.

I constantly (try to) bear in mind that there are things out there I can attend to and address, which I enjoy. I have many good and close friends, a sturdy and strong support network to turn to. I may be all tied up in more ways than one but I do make effort to create time for things and people that make me happy.

By the way, he likes Mantra (1).

*

Me (at approximately 9pm): Hey, do you know I’m still in Shenton? I can’t take the train back ‘cos you will break up.

He: Well, I was driving home, and I’ve been sitting inside the car in the carpark for a good long time now.

Me: Fine, quits.

Me: Don’t forget we are watching that play next Saturday!

He: I remember, that’s like my highlight of the month!

*

I wonder what Mr Veins is doing now. Raiding more companies for corrupting officials and corporate deceit? He’s someone who doesn’t need release, for he is validated by his job and his job is he.

I'm doing okay. That's plenty to look forward to. Took half day leave for today and tomorrow to meet with friends. There's this, and maybe a post concert party and there's that, together with my best friend.

In other more entertaining news, Grease is still the word! I have to catch this musical - I lurvvveee it and can never tire of watching the movie. So happy it's returning to Singapore in end May!

Tell me more, tell me more, tell me more!!! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home