The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Friday, March 10, 2006

The Wedding

I think it is so cool YJ is getting married.

YQ (the groom’s man-in-honour) said YJ had originally wanted something as minimalist as realistically and parentally possible, which I guess, meant YJ had to expand his guest list for the big day, no matter how “exclusive” it was supposed to be.

Made my day when he called this evening ‘cos I still get a kick out of attending weddings. Unlike others, I don’t dread them. However, I do abhor the secret fear most of my friends will never get hitched or settled down (illegally nevertheless) in the quaintly couple-ly fashion. Sure looks like that’s the way things would stay. But that’s okay. We have one another.

In any case, YQ has proven the SAP curse can be broken. Then again, he was never Chinese to begin with. Ha!


What I do want to know, YJ, apart from the kind of wedding gift you would like, is whether you do read my blog on a regular basis.

Now back to my hibernation. I have saved a draft entry as to be continued but am currently too languorous to persist in fluttering on the keyboard.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read blogs when time permits, and my RSS feed includes yours. I actually have more time to read on weekdays than weekends lately.

I'm sooooooooooooooooo glad you don't find weddings a chore. I personally find them outdated, and have been fighting the good fight to cut off as much unnecessary (as deemed by me) customs as possible.

At the risk of offending people, I had originally hestitated to invite friends to the wedding, lest they see it as a "red bomb", but I decided to invite at least friends I keep in contact with since it is only courtesy. But with the understanding that (1) attendence is not mandatory, I will not be offended if one does not attend, (2) no gifts required

So, please, no gifts/hong baos. Just come along and I will be very grateful.

cheers,
yj

3:08 PM  
Blogger Angeline said...

so prudent :) you recycled the comment to use in your blog entry or was it the other way round.

Looking forward to your wedding and the "mini" gathering before that. if YQ is best man, that means
i'm left with Eric for company (apparently he knows your wife-to-be in the distant way). anyone else?

waiting to be gathered!!!

meanwhile, don't be shy about you know what, if you change your mind.

5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home