The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Monday, March 13, 2006

i, Again

He: Hi, I’m running very late. I think I will be late by 15 min. Wait for me. Reason: Completing work.

Me: Poor you! See you late-r.

*

Mr Dimples, as always, has impeccable British manners.

I spied the familiar white Chevrolet turning into the lane and hopped inside. My friend was charmingly dapper in the new shirt we bought together the last time. It would be a happy day.

We drove to the stadium and found ourselves in the Disney bubble.

Lunch was at a Hakka place tucked away somewhere after Kallang.

Did our rounds at the lovely Marina, walked into furniture shops, agreed that our current homes were purely functional and that it would be great to have a new empty place to inscribe our desires, said no to a guy who wanted to promote wedding packages to us, thought seriously about getting croc flip-flops (he started the thought and I was infected through osmosis, by simply being in the shop with him) and we decided to hold out in the end.

I hate to learn he has received his platinum Citibank card when I have not, and we had applied together so.

*

I have sold out. My legs are now baby smooth and amazingly hairless - unnerving and ironically liberating, referring to this new state, rather than the process and experience to get to there. I’m almost buying into the notion that being less self-conscious is a good mode to be in.

*

I need to believe I’m living better, doing better, and getting better as a person. Sometimes, I find I’m too cynical for my own good. This is where Disney and Mr Dimples come to the rescue. Both are very safe and very sane, and make me secure with the knowing that there are still things in life that I can easily have, that I can be happy and enjoying some kind of normalcy.

你还记得吗 记忆的炎夏 我终于没选择的分岔 最后又有谁到达

2 Comments:

Blogger Sngs Alumni said...

I am glad to hear of the "ticking off" of Vanity Fair - I've had it on my shelf forever, and have never gotten down to it either.

Perhaps Ulysses next? What genre are you looking at, or are you planning on Superstar Virgo-ing your way through all the classics which everyone knows, but no one (save yourself) have read?


I do apologise for the spate of mis-meetings we seem to be having; Vagina Monologues had to be withdrawn as well because the TS people apparently OVERSOLD their tickets, and mine (being complimentary tix) were recalled. My friend who offered me the tix was suitably disgrunted.

2:02 AM  
Blogger Angeline said...

how thick is ulysses - can i hold it in one hand? i've only heard how daunting it is, and never saw the actual book myself.

I plan to plough through the classics - superstar virgo-ing will be nice, will amazon/borders and kino please sponsor the trip?

shall we meet end march? and how does one do it, overselling tickets! did they recall all comps, what if they belong to VVIPs??

5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home