The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Thursday, February 03, 2005

Mr Veins and Mr Dimples

(Added the bits in italics)

I have gone on two dates within two days of each other. Since they are like my two last flings till after my latest show (that is, till end of Chinese New Year), I shall be silly and heartless and cruel and frivolous, and compare the two for the sheer "fun" of it, since I won't be having such *dating* fun in the very short run. I shall attempt to be as objectively as Angelinesquely possible. The two men in question shall henceforth be known as Mr Veins and Mr Dimples. Mr Veins, is of course, my long-standing companion and long-suffering unofficial legal advisor. Mr Dimples is someone who, well, has deep dimples. To be entirely fair, I will advance Mr Dimples +500 since history and personal bias has me tilted in Mr Veins' favour.

Mr Veins
>1.8m and lean: +200
Manly complexion: +10

Permanently prominent veins: + 300
Like to raise eyebrows knowingly at me: -100
Trust that I remember we have a date: +10
Date is a mystery made known to yours truly only at very last possible moment: +50
Makes me walk: +1

Has everything planned and plotted secretly : +100
Very safe driver: +20
Made effort for a memorable date and succeeded: +500
Focuses on me, and himself, and us: +200
Company is solid, assuring and familiar: +250
Hates fast food: +300
Sends me personal sms-es: +20
Endorsed by sister: +1000
DERIVES HAPPINESS FROM MAKING ME IRRITATED: -3000

Mr Dimples
> 1.8m and lean: +200
Manly Complexion: +10

Dreadfully deep dimples with slight hint of veins: +250
Constantly beams endearingly: +300

Calls to remind me that we have a date that night: +300
Tries to find out where I am to pick me up: +100
Free and easy, and therefore, difficult: -1
Brought along a good-looking male friend: +50
Very exciting driver: +40
Left Holland V coz no parking lot and settling in Great World City for KFC dinner: -100
Drove me home: +80
Company is good but definitely needs getting used to, to be entirely comfortable: -50
Raves about KFC: -80
Sends me forwarded sms-es: -50
Endorsed by Meihui: +500
Endorsed by Ruth: +500

Overall, Mr Veins gets +1541 while Mr Dimples gets +1179. After adding the bonus advancement of +500, Mr Dimples wins with+1679

Revised Scores: Mr Veins get -139 while Mr Dimples get +2549.

So tired. Shall stop here. Brain is addled, obviously, as seen from this lame and insulting post to two super nice guys. If you are the date in question, please excuse me. I just really need something to take my mind off the work flooding me.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

can frens add bonus pts too? I wan to give +500 to Mr Dimples. :) For being a nice class rep in sch - mh

9:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol how come Dimples brought you to KFC?? doesn't Great World City has other decent restaurant/cafes/whatevers. but for the novelty, he should +2 pts :>

6:48 PM  
Blogger Angeline said...

we drove to Holland V, then no lot to park so drop by Great World. And he gushed about KFC!!!

o_o

10:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

gushing abt simple things that so many of us take for granted eg. eating at KFC, is a virtue so +500 points. -mh

10:45 AM  
Blogger Angeline said...

Well, he's excited about KFC 'cos it's a treat for him...apparently he gets sick eating the chicken while downing it with coke without fail, so each visit to KFC is to be treasured :)

9:15 AM  
Blogger cinewhore said...

I get excited about getting Popeye's Chicken in the States. Heh heh. The one at Changi Airport sucks tho - not greasy enough.

9:49 AM  
Blogger Angeline said...

take the chicken to me, or me to the chicken!!
have never tried leh. when when??

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home