The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Thursday, January 27, 2005

The Trouble With Men Is

Men just have the oddest possible sense of timing. Dreadful. And I say that with less affection than exasperation. Friends or lovers, they somehow manage to hit on you at the most harried period of your life.

Because you never quite know (apart from intuitively) where you stand with new and wonderful people you met, you conduct yourself with dignity, straining the desire to approach unless offered a more discernible clue as to how they see you. You are cute and fun, but reserved in between the going out.

Today I received a msg I would have been very pleased to read should it come in one month ago, since I was on leave. To be fair, he din know that but still - He could have suggested something sooner, couldn't he. *rolls eyes* So my friend asked if I wanted to attend a talk by NCSS. He and the other guy friend will be going.

With deadlines pending and busily plotting how to manage the next week's craziness and week after, I haven't had the chance to reply.

I have been involved in SS, in a way since JC and lapsed. So it can be potentially fruitful, given it's something familiar I do enjoy. Have been half-heartedly toying with the idea of volunteering for quite some time but feeling too inert to do anything more concrete. Now that I have real interested (and interesting) company willing to check it out together, why not.

Why not - 'cos next week is insane. Trust me on my schedule (which I have to plan 3 mall events sortie and be there over the weekend)

I'll just mull a bit longer on this

*

Hypothetical questions are always replete with The Real, agree not?

They are never just hypothetical but mean exactly what you yearn to know. Under the guise of an hypothesis, you get to test it out and have the satisfaction of talking about it and pretend it's not what you mean at all and only a question with the assumption it's really not true.

You get to force a person to confront it and demand for closure (or starting something) all in the name of Hypotheses. Whatever you ask, however you answer, it will be safe.

What will you do?

What will you do?

I will think about it, I said.

Sometimes it may not be a good idea to talk too much, it seems a tad different and difficult now. But I'm cool, as usual. I think he's the one who's being gritty over it. Why can't we pretend everything is ok since everything is ok. Maybe it's me.


Overreacting vs Living in Denial - which is the lesser evil.

Addendum: Turned out I said I should think I could go. If last min work commitments should delay me, will let him know again. Not very wise, but then life is very confusing and dull. And just to further pad out how horrid men are with their lousy sense of time, my usual companion has replied (to an sms I sent on Monday due to a desire for distraction to fob off a newer desire) and sent his apologies for the silence since he's out of the jurisdiction then and just returned. WTF. Uh-huh, now what. No Time, Stupid Men.

2 Comments:

Blogger cinewhore said...

And then there are stupid men who like to stick their noses into other people's business and do things "based on principle".

2:04 AM  
Blogger Angeline said...

Well, that's not entirely fair and correct, 'coz I asked you whether you want to accompany me mah. It's unfortunate that it expanded to involve complex issues that I was willing to ignore for the sake of a successful run for now.

So how? Modus Vivendi? Still with me?

8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home