The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Sunday, January 02, 2005

A Life Less Ordinary

And so we spent the eve together, like we did two years before, together with some mutual friends. But that's never the point, is it not.

What I do mean.

For some torrential reasons, the rains perhaps, the old friend was in Frisky mode last evening. After sending me a couple of ridiculous sms-es which I did not reply to, he called when we were very close to meeting. I'm almost always caught off guard, in a good way.

Somehow, the issue at hand hovers about spending the night at my place. Which I do not approve. Even if it's him + another two friends we were supposed to be with.

My House is female. She's very shy. She's also very male-intolerant. So, no, period. Don't even think about it.

The topic was revisited a few more times. Eventually I got tired of answering in a particular way, so I said he could come to my place, but not stay the night. Provided he makes himself useful ie clean the air-con, cook lunch/dinner etc.

I can do that, you know. It's difficult for you to clean the air-con because of your height.

*stumped* Well.

What do you want me to cook?

I don't know. But anyway, you definitely can't come to my place tonight. You hear me. NOT TONIGHT. It's a mess. Though I suppose you could come on a weekend before Chinese New Year to help.

I really don't know. He probably means what he says. But I'm not kidding either when I say my place is male-intolerant.

Anyhow, on the last day of 2004, what stuck most was the above.

What I said about wanting an Ordinary Life the post before, I guess it doesn't get any more ordinary than this. Shopping together at wet markets in the morning, someone cooking for you at home, someone cleaning up your place together with you.

If this is what 2005 is bringing, I say, rock on!

我们可不可以不勇敢 当伤太重心太酸无力承担
就算现在女人很流行释然 好象什么困境都知道该怎么办
我们可不可以不勇敢 当爱太累梦太乱没有答案

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home