The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Sunday, December 19, 2004

A Card, A Concert and A Catch

Got my first Christmas card of the year from the regional VP of Feld Entertainment, expressly sent all the way from Hong Kong.

*

Attended Dick Lee's concert last night. Brought my sister along, then promptly abandoned her and ran to the backstage (Ha, I have the All Access Pass) to watch how the rich and famous kiss kiss, hug hug and pose pose for glam shots with the People Who Matter. Fun. And no, Taufik and Slyvester were long gone. The concert was okay. Will be going again tonight.

Went to Oasis for Teochew porridge for post-show supper with Boss and our usual lunch kakis ie 5 of us. The Dick Lee clan was seated behind us.

*

Just had the weirdest dream in which I yelled out my bitter disappointment with some people and things to a stunned audience. Bizarre, to say the least. Since I'm usually very PR and that's the very nature of my work when I do events. Maybe I'm too repressed and cool and unflappable in real life. I also dreamt of him coming to my house, and realising with a jolt he was on very familiar terms with my girlfriend (whom I don't care too much about and don't like much either). I remembered being upset.

Upset. Due to Pride. I can't stand being proven wrong.

*

I read this some days back.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sngs Alumni said...

I read the dyingis blog too, after she passed away. Very poignant and sad. Her partner writes his heartbreak well.

12:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

u're so lucky to be backstage at Dick's concert. did u say anything to him? or he to u?

12:04 PM  
Blogger Angeline said...

Hello there.

I did speak to his youngest brother, Peter Lee (who also sang) when I found him walking beside me along a pretty long stretch of the backstage alone. Not Dick though. He was mobbed by his friends and family.

Did you attend the concert? I hope you enjoyed it!

9:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for your reply. Yes i did go and i think its great entertainment. Love the part where the brothers sang together! Next time u see Dick, tell him his fans (us) are waiting for the concert DVD. Cheers!

8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home