The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Steamboat/BBQ

It's too bad my primary school girlfriends do not enthuse as much as the guys about the steamboat/BBQ gathering tonight at Kaihan's place. Granted only another three were informed, but still, despite all appearances, they fail to turn up and only send notification in the very last.

So other than myself, there's host Kaihan, Weiming, Jarvis, Derrick, Darren, Ryan and Andy. If I conveniently disappear, it will be one cool gay party. I'm kidding. They are all very straight guys. And one girl is better than no girl at all.

I am consoled that despite my limited capabilities in the kitchen (Kaihan sent me out of the kitchen to water his plants *sob*), apparently our generation of guys do know their stuff and are happy to cook and clean. Like yay! Wonderful! Plus, being the only girl has its perks. Not having to carry any shopping bags (when buying ingredients), and basically pottering around helplessly (after watering the plants) while the guys efficiently wash the vegetables, do the cleaning-up after the feast, and clearing/washing the tons of plates and bowls. Nevermind that Weiming (beside me) kept unceremoniously reminding me of what I can't do, or am doing wrong. I'm only too happy to sit back and let my boyfriend rule the kitchen if that's so.

Kaihan is so cool. He made the soup broth/base himself and marinated the meats. I really like the lean pork which he used XO to bring out a rich flavour. Yummy! He also made fruit jelly.

Dug out half-rotted things from the closets we shared, and blah, and blah.

Mahjong and cards.

Quite a good night.

(Yes, I'm losing steam. Can't write anymore)

4 Comments:

Blogger cinewhore said...

I'm also very cool ok. At least I dyed my hair.

10:16 PM  
Blogger Angeline said...

I will let you know if you are very cool this evening :)

really, really cool people ie guys will cook and clean quietly and happily for their friends

1:03 AM  
Blogger cinewhore said...

I clean up puke...

10:00 PM  
Blogger Angeline said...

But I don't puke :(

1:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home