The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Friday, November 26, 2004

寂寞的窗 请开启我被岁月紧锁的思念

蓝蓝的天 往事一缕轻烟飘过你的眼廉
沉默的眼 请回答我还爱不爱我的从前
我的从前有你陪伴的梦 和一张疼爱的脸
如今细说往事 往事如烟 我是否还算是你的誓言

A trip to the hill made me realise that Shin is working there on a project basis. In fact, she's the AD of that sitcom Minxiu is casting people for, and they know each other. It's no surprise that both were surprised I know the other. A pleasant one for me nevertheless, and I also learnt that Vincent is freelancing at the same place, but doing location scouting (which is odd, and somewhat disturbing because his interests were always in directing and writing from what I can gather from superficial interactions with him). I feel happy seeing Shin again (she's that friend of Lynette whom we bumped into, Chinyi, in Kino that day. Minxiu, you remember that day we met in Kino and I was talking to some girls...I wonder if you recall but one of them just happened to be Shin, which now so happens that you know her when you didn't then, but paths were already crossed. Life works funny), despite barely knowing her. Like serious. I know her and Vincent like 4 years ago when we were working on a movie. Interaction lasted the whole of grand 2-3 months while the movie was in the works, after which was no more. But it made the day good to know she and Vincent are around and still struggling for art and ideals, in a way. On a very bright note, if i keep seeing people I used to know from schooldays at workplace, yay, it means we can very soon form a close-knitted army to start a revolution, imposing our critical notions of media and programming. *Incidentally, Chinyi's sister also worked on the same movie and a couple of years later, I got to know Chinyi and became great friends, not through sis, but through Hons year. Life works funny, that it's almost scary.

The day was also good because I get to check out Minxiu's workplace and experience Half A Day in the Life of a Casting Director. It's a pretty (and smoky) life at the moment :) And sitting through a quickie audition, I must say it's quite a joy watching him doubling up as the wubby and warming up the talents. His Singlish is also impeccable. Hours later after lunch and we had returned to our individual cubicles many express ways apart, we realised I had left my pass on his desk. Many thanks for driving to Tampines and thanks to my sis for picking up the pass from him!

As an aside, I was introduced as "an old friend". This brings to the foreground a nascent consciousness of having known each other for 12 years including 2004. So, old friends (you and Meihui ^5!!!), yay and more yays.

Casual meet was so-so. I must have faith that things can change and people do do good. My wish list can be a life I so desire to live.

Going back to my "real" office was nice. I miss my seniors and work.

I miss a lot of things; I am missing out on a lot. Must be because I'm helluva special person and hence am destined to face some things head-on.

Welcome back to Singapore, Shimin. I have been quiet of late but I do remember and you are missed. I'm really happy you are gonna hang around here a tad longer now that you've graduated.

白云翩翩 心事一面银幕飘过你的窗前
寂寞的窗 请开启我被岁月紧锁的思念
我的思念 有你牵挂的心和一首叫做誓言
如今细说往事 往事如烟 我是否还算是你的从前

往事从头 轻轻细说 梦的演变
多年以后 是否还有爱的容颜
往事从头 轻轻细说 沧海桑田
是否能够 回到从前再走一遍

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home