The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Tuesday, November 16, 2004

The Week I Worked Towards Perfect

And it's over!!! *Beams*

I shall now attempt to cover the last seven days of my life.

Monday. Can't remember. But I know I was working on the show.

Tuesday. Can't remember. But I know I was working on the show

Wednesday. Ahhh damn bloody tired and still working on the show! Took my intern around Bedok for a quick meal (she's from AMK) before arriving on the set. When curtains were down and I was more than ready to scuttle away (I feel, and I know I was about to fall sick then due to lack of sleep) to pass out on bed, Boss invited me to come with her and T to Tangs Renaissance ie the new Tangs grand night of openings, orgies and orgasms.

Me *righteously protesting*: I have to work the whole of next day! Am totally bummed out!

T: Well, I have to perform the whole of tomorrow on stage you know. That's no excuse! Come along with us!

Okay. That's true too. So reluctantly, I allowed myself to be driven all the way from Expo to like Orchard.

But I was immediately cheered by the sight of Tangs and the people in charge of the QCing at the door. Yay! I'm beautiful. Coz only beautiful people are invited to the Tangs fashion party, according to the card. I will also have fashion, fun, frolics and fancies, all mine! But have to share with all the others who are rich and famous and beautiful too. People like Glenn Goei, Emma Yong, Melody Chen...and like Christopher Michael Lee from SI, yes I saw Chrissypooh there too. He's really rather adorable but waaaaaay too short, pity.

Was very happy to be a charm (yet so charming too) slut and shamelessly collecting all the 5 (free) charms that can double up as trinkets. More Yays. Drank champagne, wine and had strawberries on a tall mountain and all sorts of tiny yummies (on trays carried by roaming waiters and waitresses). Had a $20 voucher that had to be spent that very night so I ended up paying $3.90 for something nice.

Quite happy and grateful that Boss jio-ed me along. This falls under the good life I aspire to. To attend these extravagant, wasteful functions is Just. So. Amazing. You mean some people do it as a living and others spend their lives flitting from one big social affair to another? Wheeee. Then again, I guess we all do, just in less glam conditions ie perching on one NUS tutorial and another :) Ended up in bed only at 3am.

Damn. have to work at 9am next day all the way into the night!!

True to form, my intuition never fails and I ended up sick on Thu. So.

Thursday. Sick and working. To distract me from my ills, I walked to the hall hosting the book sale and bought Gone With The Wind and Waiting (Ha Jin). Also found a fantastic bargain at the JL Sale. Andrea's anti-stress eye mask only going for $7 plus and it costs $18.80 usually.

Minxiu popped over for a long quickie (in the sense actual time spent together was short but while waiting for a good time was long) and expressed distaste at my show. And even greater surprise ("now why would I want to watch that?") when out of the goodness and kindness of my blessed heart, I asked if he wanted to go in and see see (since I have to work, still). Tsk. Darling, the show's travelling to Europe next! It's quite the inaugural production, but nevermind.

Friday. Succumbed to fever (38.3 c) and flu and cough and sore throat and voice loss and a day at home. A day during which I don't have to work!!!

Saturday. Back to work. Took pictures. Managed to buy some flowers at $2 per stalk at the show booth. This is possibly what I can take most pride in. You cannot believe that another lousy girl has refused my money 4 times. In theory, we can only buy the flower at all if we get the program that is sold at a whopping $14. But I have seen people buying the program without the flower so I'm just making up numbers by asking for flower only. But damn. She refused to budge. Eventually I approached a cute guy manning the other booth and got three flowers. I hate my own sex. Boo. So unhelpful.

Got to know Alex and I nearly faint upon realising he's 2 years younger than me!!! How can!!! What an insult. At least he looks older, so there.

Sunday. Still sick and working. Bought Toni Morisson's Love.

Monday. Yay! I bought the hair accessories I had been eye-ing at the show booth and braided my hair on the spot so that I had Winnie the Pooh on one and Piglet on the other. The merchandise head saw me and encouraged me to walk around to be a walking ad. Hee. In general, everyone thought I look very nice and cute but I released the braids once the show started. Took more free pictures at the show booth (they charge $14 and $22 for photo and frame!). Trent The Photographer signed "With Love, Trent" on my photo. Now how cool is that? Super duper cool. For I have never met someone called Trent in real-life. This is my Daria MTV fantasy come true. I have a token from Trent! It's okay if you don't get it.

Too sick to go partying at the hotel after the last show. No voice either. So goodbye Trent, cute Japanese show manager and everyone. Sob. But I'm sure partying and drinking will just about do me in completely.

It's over!!!! Yay!!!!!!!!!

5 Comments:

Blogger cinewhore said...

I know, I'm an ungrateful bastard. But people walking around in big animal costumes freaks me out to no end.

10:54 AM  
Blogger cinewhore said...

Waiting is a good book

10:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow ure really living glamourously:)
cy

12:08 PM  
Blogger cinewhore said...

Since your show has ended, you'd better be posting more. So I can be entertained at work.

9:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i do my best, sir! :)

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home