The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Write Where It Hurts

I attended a glitzy and semi-glam private function at Wisma Indochine yesterday. I was invited, I’m afraid. And I’m getting used to the whole idea of networking and gathering contacts (Nickelodeon!). Like exchanging namecards and smallest of talk and pretend it’s the most natural thing in the world. Well, when I get really good at it, it will hopefully be the most natural thing in the world. Still, I managed to pick up pointers from this girl who seriously went around each table introducing herself *and together, repeat after me* like it’s the most natural thing in the world.

And I saw, the press.

Now, I’m seriously, seriously considering to be a reporter covering media events (so as not to render my current portfolio utterly obsolete and irrelevant) like local arts/theatre scene, international pop/entertainment acts and if possible, my pet peeve, local politics (wait, isn’t this performance covered under local arts/theatre scene). I hope the next G.E waits for my career switch. But should I opt for TODAY or CNA and hang on, do I get to choose at all in this pandemonium that is my so-called life?

Now that my boss put the idea into my head and pretty much convinced me it’s the only way to be taken seriously and excellent training ground, it’s actually one that I’m partial to suddenly, more so than Radio now, more appealing. Weird or what. I doubt the SINS chocolate and glamour of yesterday leftover from the private function played any deciding factor. I contest that.


Anyhow, time to let HR know. I would probably end up in neither, given the pervasive universal Murphy’s Law but I’d do anything for a meaningful life so I will do my best to circumvent hateful and thwarting circumstances. And just as a precaution, no 8 DAYS and I-Weekly, please. So there. I have jinxed the possibility of both happening by writing them here.

You got a fast car
I want a ticket to anywhere
Maybe we make a deal
Maybe together we can get somewhere
Any place is better
Starting from zero got nothing to lose
Maybe we'll make something
But me myself I got nothing to prove

You got a fast car
And I got a plan to get us out of here
I been working at the convenience store
Managed to save just a little bit of money
We won't have to drive too far
Just 'cross the border and into the city
You and I can both get jobs
And finally see what it means to be living

I'd always hoped for better
Thought maybe together you and me would find it
I got no plans I ain't going nowhere
So take your fast car and keep on driving

You got a fast car
But is it fast enough so we can fly away
We gotta make a decision
We leave tonight or live and die this way

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home