The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Monday, November 01, 2004

There's Something Here Even If I Have Lost That Forever In Life

If anyone should wonder, I blog mostly because I barely have time to write anything decent anymore, and blogging is a way of tracking what I spend time on. More importantly, it's an informal record of what has been happening that could possibly emerge as a proper narrative, once I have the time and energy to appropriate people I know and stuff I experience into my literary stream of consciousness. And I tell you, there're many best-sellers in there.

It's really less to do with representation of self than stories begging to be read and repeated. I don't aim to have any persona. but I try darnest to tell good ie "as-real-as-it-gets-good" stories, so that I have the record they did happen. My blog is THE memory prosthesis. It only matters that the telling gets told and stories get stored. In some small but significant way, reality gets verified. There's something here, even if I have lost that forever in life.

It's also a darn good way of preventing my brain from atrophying. I get to process thoughts in here, and use words I otherwise can't normally, since office mails are what I usually churn out. Best Regards. Could you please. Do consider this favourably. Looking forward to meeting you.
Yawn. More Yawns. Must write differently somehow, to maintain some sort of standard akin to that of NUS days, during which we wrote excruciatingly beautiful and exciting intellectual arguments and get appreciation in return. Would be such a waste if I were to degenerate. This is the space for it.

And mentioning of brains, here's something I will seriously consider attending, if I can get away from work~

Jacques Derrida: The Debt
Date and Time: Next Wed 3 Nov 4-5pm, Department of English language and Literature
Venue: Department Reading Room

Dr John Philips is probably chairing the meet to mourn and to talk, and to be all ironically performative. Jacques Derrida was an important figure in Hons year (not to mention the only thing I took away from Critical Theory Classes) so I figure it would be nice to go and pretend to be an academic again. Hmmm. Anyone wants to go? It's obviously free. And the question is also obviously rhetoric.

*

Back to real life, I have a leading man as a friend!! Please watch True Files tomorrow 10pm to catch Minxiu as the baddie.


4 Comments:

Blogger cinewhore said...

I object to being called a baddie. There are no good or bad characters for an ack-tor. Only human beings... hahaha... I sound so snobby.

10:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

id like to go:)have tuition but can postpone it....keep me in mind if ure going....chinyi

10:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

id like to go:)have tuition but can postpone it....keep me in mind if ure going....chinyi

10:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you changed the template and font and everything! proved me wrong :>

don't think i will go for the lecture, he goes way over my head, in death as in life...but do tell me about it if you go! And go here for the article thingy I told you about, 'Deconstructing Derrida':

http://www.guardian.co.uk/g2/story/0,,1325283,00.html

The comment by one Ivan Massow is really funny.


ruth

11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home