The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Monday, October 18, 2004

Weekly Nutshell

I just finished rushing two other press releases within the past odd hour, not factoring in research online, which I managed to collate and conjure magic. I had nil material to work with.

Boss: Don't forget the press releases. Monday hor.
Me: Okay but do we have any information on who these people I'm supposed to write about? Like I don't even know their names.
Boss: Good point, but we don't have. Just write. Sensationalise. It's a press release.

Okay, Boss.

Anyway, the two press releases were weighing on my mind somewhere, as I spend an idyllic Friday (took leave) and Saturday whole in SGH with mum. I brought a notepad but ended up reading the papers and magazines I bought instead.

Finally, on Sunday, it was now, or never. And goodness, I can't believe they are done! Hooray! Yay! Let me just say that if there's one thing I can do, it's to write. On anything, at anytime.

It has been a relatively all right week. I did another thing that I enjoyed for the latter whole of Thursday - reading and amending a contract. I must say I'm really rather well-versed in the whole legality of things, to the extent, I gleefully announced I think I did a great job (in rewriting and revising the bits that are contentious to the possible detriment of my Co. and in deleting redundant and repetitive clauses), much to the amusement of Boss.

And my work desk is currently spick and span - it's so neat these days I always do a double take when I walk in - can this belong to me?

I'm no longer gonna be a trailer producer, but stay where I am now, which I'm happy.

My decision to take charge of my career ie attending those upgrade courses has been met with approval and thankfully, sponsorship. I need to have focus and direction in life.

*

There's a reason why Ruth's my best friend.

*

Had dinner with Meihui on Monday night and dear, I wish you happiness and resolution.

*

The week actually got off to a rocky start with me smsing Kah Beng if his ah ma's still warded. He then said she's passed away at home a couple of days before.

I thought hard and long about what to reply in return.

Meihui, who was with me when the unfortunate incident happened, suggested "my condolences" which I promptly poked her in the ribs and shook my head.

*

I'm so tired this week that I was rude to April and Kaile, to the former I was curt, the latter I ignored, but he 对我不离不弃, for which I must review my conscience. I must not be bad to nice and kind people. Wait they stop loving me how?

*

I miss Shimin's call from Melbourne twice in a row, the last being I was very fast asleep after waiting for a while, thanks to fatigue.

*

May I stay safe and sound and scrape-free come tomorrow and for the week ahead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home