The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Monday, October 04, 2004

岂是可以说说而已 因为有心 所以才有秘密

Announcements:

1) I'm down to my lowest weight count ever! Go me! I'm back at my inspiring I'll-finish-my-thesis-even-if-it-kills-me-doing-it weight, which means I've dropped a measly 2kg effortlessly through sheer indignation about the indignities in life. I'm not sure if it actually shows but it's motivation to let it fall further.

2) Very Good Hair Days are back with a vengence! Go, go , go (but where to??) The curls are finally growing out to a desired (and desirable) length, and they crown me most gloriously and glamourously. Which is a good thing, 'coz I'm hardly bothered with dressing up for the past week, even for work. So Hair becomes The Accessory. But starting coming week, I'll have to be even more good-looking and professional to redeem myself.

3.1) Why redeem myself? Argh. 'Coz I made a huge booboo at work and my boss was patient and kind about it. It was a horrible mistake and one so simple, it would make you scream. I managed to get the meeting time wrong and everyone at our end attended the meeting that day when it was next weeK. 'COZ I FIXED IT NEXT WEEK AND I DIN REALISE WHILE PREPARING FOR THE MEETING THAT DAY, THAT I WAS PREPARING FOR THE VERY SAME MEETING ONLY TO BE HELD NEXT WEEK. Of course it was a very empty, wasteful and embarrassing trip. And I'm sure some outsiders who met me for the first time that day think I'm just *DUH* for screwing the arrangement, and such a simple thing I can fuck up. You tell me!! I'm mortified myself. In the end, I was told to make some phonecalls outside while they discuss about separate issues that's meanwhile not-quite-my-business-yet but it's probably the corporate equivalent of the teacher sending the bad, bad student out of the class in exasperation. I'm most contrite and apologetic. Boss (and senior) were rather nice about the whole thing, even though they expressed incredulity and disbelief at my capability to pull off such a stunt. It's okay. I don't quite trust I could and dare to. But there you go. I did it! Boo me!

3.2) Despite all the funny and ridiculous scrapes I manage to get myself into, my department will like me to stay with them. I like them very much too and I take pride in my job (I've so got over the "co-ordinator" bit 'coz I realise even the GCEO terms his second most important man as "co-ordinator" so it can't be so horrifying. Basically, the term has been stripped of its unglam connotations for the time being), and I will be extremely happy to stay on. The only downer is a superficial one: I was looking forward to my namecard screaming "Trailer Producer, Me, Me, Me!!" But it's a superficial one, like I say, and I can take more pride in all the big projects I can be involved in. So, sorries to all my favourite ppl there, thanks for being generous and patient so as to take me under your motherly wings, and I won't disappoint!! You'll see me learning and improving all the time!

4) My mum is still staying in hospital. She's either in pain (moderate) or in pain (extreme). She wants to come home but it's better she's monitored a little longer first by medical professionals. She has a tube that's connected to the small intestines, that the small intestines need to adapt to feeding via that tube. It'll be a long term thing accompanying her by the side, so I certainly hope that it works, it has to. But her belly is now slightly engorged and distended. It better be just some getting used to to the foreign insertion instead of a true infection.

5) On Monday, Boss was remarking that some of her friends said that the Malay community din like that show. All tongue-in-cheek, I quipped the crazy line that he had said the week before when the ad came out. Boss stared at me for a while, and went: My goodness, that's it! Needless to say, I'm rather amused. It's times like this that I think he's so great. He has the (nutty)sensibility and I have the sense of humour. Do we make a great pair, or what.

Now on to my To-Do Things ASAP:

1) Demand for a reassessment of my fairness at M.A.C I suspect they sold me a foundation that's a shade too light!!

2) Get two new pairs of jeans.

3) Buy more great clothes (actually that's always ongoing, so nevermimd).

4) Make sure I stay how I am or lose more weight so that I can fit into my nice dress for someone's church in late October.

5) Repair earring - the hook broke :(

6) Be on the lookout for more pretty shoes.

7) See Kaile (we did agree to meet on 9th oct, yes?)

8) See him, if only to be sure there's still a measure of incommensurability and immutability in the world. I rock my world but he keeps it steadfastly anchored in miserable reality.

9) Write my Chinese romances?

I want to watch Vanity Fair, 2046 and The Edge of Reason!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home