The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Friday, September 24, 2004

Things And Thinking

I just suck when it comes to taking minutes. It's painful to concentrate and hang on to every word, filter and write selectively, succinctly but correctly, basically paying meticulous attention all the time.

I have no excuses for my atrocious minute-taking. Can I please admit I'm bad, very bad and give the task to someone else?

I can learn, in fact I have been learning, but it's really tough!

Was supposed to complete the minutes in 30 mins but I ended up using close to an hour. To make things worse, 30% of it were neither well nor right, at most half-right. Apparently, I also took down things which were never discussed (only one, but it's appalling!!!). Boss was obviously incredulous and unhappy. I have nothing to say, saved I'm bad. Am aghast too.

Then she told me to pen the radio ad which I did in 30 minutes, with five variations.

There are things you can do, and things you can't. Sigh.

I hate minute-taking.

*

Today, I was privileged enough to be roped into something more long-term. There was a period I thought it was coming, then I wasn't so sure, then I no longer think about it, then it was hinted at, and it was settled rather conclusively today. I like the idea, but because I never quite think about it as seriously as I wanted very much to when it was not confirmed, I can't make a decision. Now that intentions were made known and somewhat clearer to me, I can make an effort to analyse the situation. But apparently it was believed I'm okay. While I'm okay and grateful and happy, I still will like to make an informed choice, but. But there may be no choice.

I want to think about it.

And no, I'm not talking about relationships, even if it may read like it, and such a scenario entirely plausible to boot.

Addendum:
I hope this is not what's gonna happen if it's happening at all. Yes, relationships I speak now. I still want to think about it. At the moment, I'm just. Playing with my story ideas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home