The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Sunday, September 05, 2004

When A Lawyer and An Almost Lawyer prepare for a date

He: Do you want a sedentary Sunday or the contrary.

She: Must it be an "either or" option.

He: You want a mix? That's possible too...

She: Given the nebulous offer you have generously conceded, I must confess my inability to make an informed choice on my part.

He: Therefore you renounce your right to a choice and grant me sole perogative to decide in my discretion as I deem fit...?

She: Reasonably so, as defined by history, yes.

The above may read surreal but it really happened, just one of the myriad of oddball conversations when A Lawyer and An Almost Lawyer prepare for a date. Sigh. We are truly insane, aren't we? No, don't answer that.

*

I definitely need to be less hedgehog-ish when it comes to him.

But how, how? All my defences are up instinctively, and I'm a prickly ball of childish rudeness, exaggerated casualness and mock impatience. Not that he is much better, but he does make me feel petty and small, and that he is the adult in charge here.

I console myself that we have been living with this (like this) for so long, it's all right. And it is, most of the time, it's more fun than frustrating.

We are, apparently, going to The Woods.

We are such sado-masochists.

*

Will you go bring just anyone to The Woods, alone?

Will you follow just anyone to The Woods, alone?

你我到底算不算是一对恋人?

Well, no, no, and still, no.

*

我俩相识已久 你以为我喜欢自由 而我以为你 已经习惯等候
亲爱的 我从来没有忽视你所给我的温柔 我只是 说不出口并非习惯等候

在每一次交谈中知道 彼此的感受 在每一次的争吵后 为对方找寻借口
在每一次妥协以后 试着从彼此手中逃脱 却连放开彼此的手 也不能够

你我到底算不算是一对恋人 我这样问会不会有些认真 别再沉默 快对我说
你我到底算不算是一对恋人 你这样问会不会太过天真为何你从不对我说 我该怎么做

我俩算不算是一对恋人

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home