The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Wednesday, August 04, 2004

I feel ridiculously 幸福 today. Let this blog entry be the riposte to future silly and impetuous declarations that I can and will never, ever experience happiness again. Happiness is over that corner waiting to pounce on me, I must realise. I have played my part by moving towards it, however unwittingly; and it patiently wears out any scepticism and suspicion on my side through the long march. I shall remember and be grateful at least for the next two days.

*

My favourite person at the office gave me a surprise treat at My Humble House, Esplanade. Despite me whipping out the NKF discount coupon that would entitle us to $25 off the total bill, it came to a 3 digit figure anyhow. But we did agree unanimously that the final bill was nevertheless a vast improvement from our first visit there. I know, scary huh.

*

This next part is censored because it is highly sensitive. But what happened made the most of my day mostly, and also, most unfortunately, made me revisit an issue I had only very recently considered finally closed after long and painful discussions with myself, weighing the invisible pros and inevitable cons . Now that this has tilted the balance in another's favour more and more, I'm no longer sure whether it's a route and risk I'm raring to undertake. I have just barely managed to brainwash myself into believing this is good for me but. But.

Current happiness have divorced the determination and delusion from the decision.

*

I see the results of labour and love. It's very satisfying. I like what I'm doing very much. I thank you for the trust, the confidence and the acceptance. I will continue to strive harder and aim higher and make the most out of the best circumstances can offer.

*

My favourite person has also invited me to be part of something that I'm only too happy to be.

*

I bought 2 lovely tops within half an hr (same shop, lah)

*

He matters not, now that being independently happy has divested me of any short-term desire. I hope it is as long as it gets. I love it when I feel this way. I drown all too easily in it. Let me drown.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home