The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Sunday, July 25, 2004

My new best friend is Shimin (go away to make room, Ruth :). She sprang a lovely and loving surprise when her parcel from Melbourne and Sydney in Australia reached me quietly last night. But I made plenty of noise. Whee!!! Whoopee!!! Not ONE, not TWO, not THREE but FOUR pairs of really, really decent-looking earrings!!! Actually, three gorgeous pairs that I took to instantly and one less so instant. But Min is BRILLIANT. YOU HEAR ME, GIRL?
 
YOU ARE BRILLIANT!!!
 
What good taste. My collection of wearable earrings has suddenly expanded by at least 100%. And by wearable, I mean regular wear as in I won't mind hanging them on daily and in any attire of the moment. My original collection of wearables at last count was numbered at three. A pair is from Min too, another presented to me by April and the last was bought by myself for myself. I do wear the rest, estimated a healthy 10 pairs now and then, but less and with fair, very fair, and fair weather rotation.
 
Let me proudly describe my new possessions:
 
1) has a pastel green oval bead and there's a leaf etched on to the rectangle bit that hangs from the bead. The bit is made from an undetermined but interesting material. Dangly of course.
 
2) takes the very simple but very appealing shape of a fish with a small, round and swirly pink bead as icing on the cake. Dangly of course. Incidentally, this pair has the popular vote when I poll my family members (a grand total of two!!). My mum and sis were unanimously drawn to it.
 
3) has HARAJUKU Sydney tag (So cool! I own something from Harajuku :). It's the most dangly and longest of them all. Coppery with circular plate and disco-lights-alike-looking globes, it's very MTV-ish (they have a collection series of coppery earrings). This is the less instantly-taking-to pair, but I suspect it will grow on me in no time. I also suspect it cost more than the rest.
 
4) is my personal fave. Love at first sight. It's a complicated design and I've been looking for something along the lines for ages. Except Min got it in a very unique and endearing triangle shape that surpassed even my own search expectations. Dangly, of  course. But of course.
 
It's a big surprise coz she din breathe a hint that this was coming my way. So it's double the joy without the burden of feverish anticipation. Yay! I got earrings!!! 4 pairs somemore!!
 
Many thanks to Min. And infinite special thanks to myself for staying adorable and lovable such that adorable and lovable people like Min buy me adorable and lovable stuff :)
 
It's not difficult to make me happy. Really. Just give me things. I'm a gift slut. Every little present makes my day.
 
Hence, Kaile also contributed to my happiness when we met to finally watch The Dreamers. He gave me two pairs of earrings (which I have already started wearing, and hence they are acceptable) as well as a table decor and get this, a really pretty wraparound long skirt in a brillant cut (it's not exactly asymmetrical, but jagged in a very nice design)!!!!! 
 
I was wondering what the world this pack can be , coz he was mumbling that it's something to tie around my waist. And I'm like, shawl? belt? robe? He definitely din say skirt. But it's a skirt, lah :)
 
Yes, I'm easily bought and easily pacified.
 
*
 
I don't have anything to say about working. I'm not sure if it's a good thing. Maybe we should sell earrings for a living *pokes Min* Think.
 
*
 
Is there a point and end to obsessing about how you look? Is citing ideology just the convenient mouthpiece to cover laziness to change?
 
*
Okay. I will admit. I will be infinitely happier if I were Shimin's size. If I were that size, nothing can go wrong. I just need to be thin-ner. And I will be more prepped to handle a lot of things and spearhead a lot others.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home