The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Monday, June 28, 2004

I am quite miserable. My computer has been possessed again. It keeps restarting and nothing I do can make it last long enough to reach the blue-y page that shows "Windows is starting up." It's depressing. Anyone knows how to drive away the spirit?

*

可能是月亮照错了地方 惹得我们都放大了感想
小事全部渲染成像生命的预言一样 于是爱传说成天堂

How come unhappy? Because. Because I have never been happy after we end for the day/night. I don't remember. I can be a lot of things before and during the meet, but I am just never happy thereafter. The usual unhelpful and indignant thought that surfaces immediately when I turn to walk proudly away is, Does he know what he's doing!?.

忘了吧 昨天感伤 谁也帮不上忙
关于爱 你问一百个人 会得到一百个不一样答案

He's been here before, the place where we were on Sunday. It left an impression, which is why I was brought here.

He said our table would allow us the perfect angle to see the sunset and the time we were seated by is crucial for the visual enjoyment.

Is it nice that he makes these little arrangements for my benefit; is it nice that he wants to order the buffalo wings for me; is it nice so on and so forth?

只是谁能救赎谁的过往 只是谁能填补谁的遗憾
千回百 转 难 爱却不是最后一站

I'm not sure if it's nice because I would like OB markers.

你的吻还留在日记上 我的泪埋在被里流光
说要忘 难 爱情里最后的笨蛋

For my literature mates, that means, I would like proper signifiers. Now, signifiers move, obviously. They are not attached to the signified permanently. But the rule of thumb is, they are pretty stable and established. Signifiers signify what they mean to signify, especially when they come in a relevant and constant stream in which all the signifiers fit to form a pretty obvious/clear picture. Or else, there would be absolute chaos and we can't communicate properly.

Candlelight dinners
watching sunset
going for walks alone
all things planned and supervised by male companion


Is he aware of the above standard signifiers, what they mean in the usual context, that is, in the world that is populated by various other men and women, who engage in similar practices and their relation to each other in the face of things, as they stand?

He should stop messing with my signifiers. Just because his unorthodox ones work on a different plane, doesn't mean I have to displace mine to speak to him.

I hope that the signifers still mean what they are supposed to mean in the realm of dating for the rest of you. Signifiers are significant in aiding understanding of what a situation and a person's intentions. Unless you are as unlucky as me.

只是谁能救赎谁的过往 只是谁能填补谁的遗憾
千回百 转 难 爱却不是最后一站

爱只是借过的小巷

明天的路还那么长

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home