The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Saturday, June 19, 2004

I was awakened by the rattling of my mobile this morning and it was only 7.14am.

Shinhao's sms read: Your voice is heard. I hope it gets better for you and your mum.

It vaguely registered that he might have meant the forum had published my letter but I was still groggy and the letter was sent on Sunday (so long already, I was almost convinced it's a gone case), so I asked what he meant.

Your letter is published in the rival State owned mouth piece lah. You mean you dun know?!

I tried to explain to the man it was really too early for me to buy the papers, so yes, I din know, until now, thanks to someone, I do.

After years of writing works of little utility, I'm glad you have made your little contribution of intelligible text. Your maiden foray into print media?

I pointedly ignored the barb. Yes, my brilliant works of fiction may be of little utility to you, but they got quality and, I just haven't had the chance to send them to relevant sources. They are of minimal utility only because they haven't been published yet, okay, you nincompoop- All these uttered in silence because we have gone through this before, many, many times.

But back to my forum letter. Although the letter was prompted by horrible circumstances, I'm nonetheless 虚荣 enough to take pride in the simple fact it was published. Yay, me!!! So I told friends to save the article for me so that I can have proper copies to look fondly back upon. And I shall laminate my copy!!!

Shinhao said my letter appeared to be blaming the dietician more than the doctor. But ahh, this is called strategy, got technique one. Obviously for the letter to be published (which is my secondary aim, so that I can achieve my primary one), I can't be all accusing and hysterical and venomous. I need to be cool and professional and focused. And I chose post-op welfare care as the point to raise, such that the chances of being published are high.

And why do I want it published? Under usual circumstances, the PR unit of SGH will have to formulate a reply and at least say they have contacted me and are looking into my case.

Once they make contact with me, I'll be able to pour out all my grievances in full strength and demand proper treatment and accountability for my mum.

This is of course my primary goal, to secure better services for my mum and to warn SGH and their shitty doctors I'm not someone to be trifled with.

So nevermind the watered-down version in the Forum. I need to be published first to get the attention. Of course it's a super bonus if it opens a floodgate and everyone else writes in to share their sad hospital stories. A revamp of the entire lousy system would be a dream come true. And I'm responsible for the social landscape change (in the ideal Singapore world lah). Shinhao would be so proud of my utility :)

Like I said, it's a great pity I din end up a lawyer (and I'll be such an excellent one) or doctor to be of useful relevance now but I can write. And this is enough to take care of some things and people proper when it comes to the crux.

Don't you ever dare push me into a corner. I'm well-educated and I know my rights and the scary thing is, I'm not afraid. I'm not like one of those helpless families who can only appeal to helplines and friends. I take real action. When push comes to shove, you will be the one whimpering.

*

I dun need a special day, I realised. I just need a special hour. Yesterday, work ended early at Bugis Junction itself, so I made a brief round and bought a girly pink pretty bag and a pretty long mini which I can wear for work and play in less than an hour. Very pleased by my buys and that it took me no time at all! I'm back on equilibrium, and none the worse for wear.

*

My mum is neither improving, nor deproving. Excuse my tardiness if you have yet to receive any replies from me if you have been trying to contact me. I will get back asap, so don't don't give up on me! It's just that lotsa of things have been happening lately, and tonight, I've to work on an event too, and it's Saturday! And I'm not ashamed to admit I pick sleeping over replying your calls, sms-es and all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home