The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Saturday, June 12, 2004

DR LAW NGAI MOH
mbbs(sin), mmed (int.mel), mrcp (uk), facg
fams (gastroenterology), frcp (edinb)

Senior Consultant Gastroenterologist & Physician
Department of Internal Medicine
Director, GI Mobility Unit
Visiting Consultant, TTSH
Visiting Consultant, Gastroentroenterology, Changi General Hospital
Clinical Senior Lecturer of Medicine, NUS



Remember this guy. Remember his name. This is the person who recommended the surgeon who operated on my mum, to my mum.

He is also the person whom I approached in my attempt to back track and understand what happened prior to the operation. Like why did he recommend the surgeon, how many reports does he possess on my mum etc, can I have a copy.

Cos my sis accompanied my mum during the few visits at Changi Hospital. We believed it was an ordinary check-up then, and additional check-ups were just to make doubly sure. I don't see the need to accompany my mum then. You know, most of us have to make a living and we try to save leave for the biggies.

My sis and mum can be quite blurred blurred at times so I thought it best to check with this ah law guy how many records/reports exactly did he pass to them first.

Point taken when he talked of confidentiality issue and the need to protect privacy. I can even concede he may make slight sense when he said I must bring my mum over personally before he care to reveal anything, even though she's in a very weak condition.

Politely, I said I wun want to make a wasted trip but may I clarify if I can gain full access to files on my mum supposing I have her with me.

Absolutely, said ah law, attitude straining already.

Then he said:

Not that I want to criticise you, you know, but things reach this stage then you come and concern after your mum, isn't it abit too late. And he repeat it another two times with slight variations but meaning the same thing ie why am I bothering now. And he told me not to call again, cos he wun entertain me anymore.

Why should I explain myself to such a fucked-up asshole. Isn't it obvious as mentioned? And as a doctor, he failed to be professional and instead attempt to do a guilt-trip on me and be most unnecessarily sarcastic. It was a redundant remark aimed to strike a blow to a person where it might hurt most. Instead of abiding by the philosophy code of Doctor's Honour (the whatever Hippo. Code), he attempted to deliberately inflict greater distress on a situation that did not warrant it at all. And worse, repeatedly intentionally repeating the statement to be aggravting and hurtful.

Remember this name. LAW NGAI MOH

I don't care who the fucking hell you are. I don't fucking care if this is the norm doctors treat patients and their families (ie, like shit) which is what everyone has been telling me. I don't care fucking shit. No one treats me and my family like this.
You can be a doctor, with long titles behind you that clogged up ur card like a tail of shit but. BUT.

NO ONE GETS AWAY WITH TREATING ME LIKE THIS.

I'm just me. Scholar. BA (HONS). Lit and Philo major who dabbles sideline in Jap and Law. But it's good enough to deal with the nasty slimeball that you are.

I can write excellent letters. Good luck to you. Ah Law.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The best way to do deal with such kind of asshole is to complain him in MOH and reveal his lousy reputation in the field of healthcare. Support you. Doctors are obliged to provide treatment and care to patients. This is the most basic professionalism. Moreover, being polite to others is the most fundamental trait that a HUMAN should possess. Dont give up. Complain him and teach him a big lesson. So that he dare not treat any other patients or families in that way. Support you.

12:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to chance upon your comment on DrLawNgaiMoh because i was contemplating to consult his medical service. I saw his photo, thought he looks rather arrogant; so i googled and typed his name for any reviews on him. And voila! Read your blog on this doctor. Thanks. Won't seek his medical service. I wish there's a blog reviews on doctors on their medical services whether they are bad or good or excellent so would be patient can be aware of. Complaining to MOH, pointless. They will direct you to complaint first to SMedical Council which is more pointless, i heard my friend said their opinions and verdicts are handled by same doctors alike.

6:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was Googling to refer Dr.Law to another when I stumbled upon here. Sorry to here of your situation.
I have been seeing Dr.Law for over four years, twice hospitalized do to my disease. I have found Dr.Law to be the kindest, most professional and supportive Dr. I have ever had.
He sees all of his patients numerous times daily including public holidays and Sundays and genuinely is concerned and detailed in his approach.

Again I am saddened to hear of your plight, but merely wish to show the perspective I have witnessed.

3:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope readers who accidentally stumble across this blog will instantly realise that this is just your point of view from a personal feeling you got. Dr Law Ngai Moh is a senior doctor with a wealth of experience. He is absolutely a reliable and kind doctor who speaks honestly with his patients. I have personally witnessed how he comes down on public holidays or Sundays to review hospitalised patients. It is rare nowadays to find a doctor with his level of experience and frankness. It is one thing to make a formal complain, but you are obviously trying to ruin Dr Law's reputation by stating his name so many times and asking people to remember his name. If we as a society all start doing this kind of inflammatory action on our doctors/colleagues/neighbours etc just because of a personal bad experience, the world will be in chaos. Dr Law has strong grounds to sue you based on this blog post.

12:19 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Me too. Hv been with Dr Law for past 10 years. Will recommend him anytime for his patience kindness n understanding.

11:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a very good experience with Dr Law this year at cgh. We (my husband and myself) have been his patients since he was at Raffles Hsp. He is a very responsible and caring doctor, attending to our concerns. My husband was admitted for a serious case and the following day was a public holiday, (deepavali) but Dr Law was there on that morning. He and his team of docs, we really appreciated their effort in updating me of my husband condition. To us, Dr Law is an extraordinary Doc. I will also recommend him anytime for his professional and caring attitude.

12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Today my daughter suffered tremendous pain, anxiety and panic attacks when she underwent colonscopy while she was wide awake and the anaesthesia was not properly administered. Her doctor Dr LAW who was also operating the scope knew she was hyperventilating, sweating profusely and yet he went ahead with the surger while she was wide awake when he promised her that she would be asleep! Through out it all, she was in pain and crying

1:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dr Law has been nothing short of an amazing doctor and human being to me and my husband during our stay at CGH over the week. Despite the fact that he was not my primary doctor, he helped out with his colleague to cover my issues during his morning rounds and kept himself updated with the many ongoing issues and scans/scopes I was scheduled for. He was able to balance professionalism while being extremely affable and thorough in the care of his patients, all while being patient-centric and ensuring that his patients are in the know of why the scopes/scans are being done. He never fails to lighten the mood and uplift our spirits when he checks on us, despite our numerous questions. I genuinely think he is a good person and an excellent doctor with a generous heart and I feel that your comments about him comes from a misconstrued perspective with malignant intent. Your deep-seated prejudice against the medical profession clearly makes the judgement you made on his character unsound.

10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home