The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Sunday, May 23, 2004

I was sitting in MP Mos today and I felt someone's eyes on me. Looked up and hey, a familiar, very tall, rather cool but exceptionally 随便-ly dressed (for once at least, in a tee and shorts that's at least two sizes too small and short for his attractive frame) person was in view, armed with a very big x100 plastic bag containing many small x1000 packs of chips from Marks and Spenser. I don't know what to say, so I blurted out the first thing that came to mind: What are you doooooing hereeeee? *complete with progressively rising pitch*

As he pointed out correctly, immediately after my impulsive outburst, it wasn't a very greeting-like greeting. But he went to the counter to grab the new seafood burger and thereafter, returned to where my friend and I were sitting, and inquired politely if he could crash for a while.

So er, okay, whatever. I introduced my friend and there was a pause. Then I said very patiently: Oi, you supposed to introduce yourself.

He said he thought I was to do all the introducing (Was it even necessary? Do we care? I rolled my eyes internally). Can also. Let's do it in a fun and funny manner.

Okay, so, this is XX. XX is my friend from hons; or more precisely, we were friends, and I used to be his friend, then he stopped contacting me altogether. *smiles*

XX was of course seriously (I think so rightly) quite aghast (mostly coz he's a super private person and partly coz I believe he doesn't know me well enough to remember that's my mode of speaking when I run out of things to say and still do my best to contribute interestingly to fulfil my social role in life). He asked if it's necessary to introduce him in such a manner ie as the guy who stopped contacting me and ended his indignation by saying I have issues.

80% still teasing, 20% out of curiosity, I retorted that I don't have issues. I'm just stating facts and I challenged him to disagree, and without waiting for a reply, I pretended he's not there and whispered loudly to my friend: You know, some people have neither a sense of humour nor a sense of irony, and to think they are to teach Lit *roll eyes dramatically*

20% out of curiosity coz I never comprehend why this person bothered to ask me out {you don't know how cool and distant-friendly I can act around people I like if I feel uncomfortable about showing my affections too soon if I don't know how they feel towards me}in the first place on a one-to-one basis quite a few times, would call to talk and sms me, and suddenly, when I had believed he would stay a more permanent friend, he just, well basically stopped contacting me altogether. No calls, no sms-es, no dates, nada nothing. I initiated once (maybe twice) some sms-es but he sounded not as friendly as he was, so I let it pass and floated away.

The only thing that I could interpret as spoiling *this* was the last time when he initiated something and somehow, a mutual friend tagged along. The thing is, I din invite our mutual friend...and he had stated explicitly that he would prefer it to be just us (when I checked if he wanted to jio anyone else along) so I don't understand why there's the friend popping out of nowhere...anyway, we never met nor talk on phone eversince then...which is...odd.

But bygones. It's not important, unless you throw in how I would like a male good-looker to accompany me to social functions and to go on casual dates (dining and movies)with no strings attached now and then. Make that many male good-lookers so that ppl I bump into won't have the wrong idea... Anyhow, I'm dreadfully tired of guessing and pre-empting, should the feeling be thankfully mutual or 一厢情愿 on his end. I just want things to stay the way they are once we have agreed on what state things are and should be in.

Anyway, his friend came over and took him away shortly after.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home