The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Tuesday, May 11, 2004

The teenage aimlessness and directionlessness of last week, alas, suddenly gone! Just as I was telling Jude that I'm quite free at the moment, I have found myself up to my eyeballs and further with work since Monday. I think I have been assigned with a big project, basically thrown into the deep end of things, but, I'm more than grateful for the wild card and I'm determined to learn and swim well. Other than the personal pet project, there are the remaining events that are ongoing and upcoming that I'll be involved in. Like the one starting tomorrow that's going to run till late end next week. I'll be at the show every night. Good-bye sleep, hello, experience and ambition.

(This is of course, an excellent thing to happen. You know what happens when I have too much time on my hands and no great career options/writing focus. Now that my energies found a new target to fuss and obsess over for now, I can leave him and he can leave my thoughts alone by their proud selves, and life will still be a lark.)

I'm expecting hiccups here and there due to me being a relatively untested entity. After all, I'm still exploring the territory and familiarising myself with the ropes of the industry. I'm bracing myself for hell breaking loose as it almost did over a trivia today but I console myself it's part of the process. I'll redeem myself, be sincerely apologetic, and show my ability to work things out. It's been a rough day today; I'm inudated with piling, piling work, fuses are short due to the build-up to the opening show but I remain grateful for everything.

*

I'm very busy at the moment, and am let down by a couple of smaller incidents during work but two things made my day:

1) A celebrity commented without context (I swear): You always so smiley one hor. I'm secretly pleased even as I attributed my smiley-ness to his being always amusing. I never thought I made a real impression. For me, it's his gesture of acceptance and acknowledgement and that's important. I wish him the best for the shows to come!

2)Left workplace much later than usual due to new commitments, and was actually, God forbid, contemplating seriously to hail a cab. Day-dreaming and strolling down the long corridor, I hear someone calling me (not wearing specs lah!)and voila, good ole Jude at the end of it. Talking as we both made our way to the mrt, I forgot completely the original intention. Hence, $ was saved and I'm cheered too by the natural, easy banter I have missed since starting work and am beginning to rediscover with colleagues I know better and trust.

Now that happiness seems ever so frail and fleeting, I treasure every fragment that reminds me to be appreciative of the kindness and beauty that surrounds me. For every small gesture, every smaller smile, I grow in strength and courage to continue my journey to wither whither where. Welcomed or otherwise, I shall persevere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home