The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Wednesday, May 12, 2004

Even when I’m occupied with whatever, this whatever should ideally be intensely burning up all of my time so that I can’t break for a reverie and return to thinking most viciously and unwillingly of a person.

I have thought of talking about this with him. See, theoretically, if we are absolutely certain we will be maintaining our current status quo for damn damn sure and that’s it, I’m cool. Then I can move on and stop the meta-guessing whether it’s a matter of time before we reach the obvious, that we are prolonging the inevitable and if our non-progression is due to his inability to read what-I-think-I-are-rather-encouraging signals from me (or my insistence that his gestures are not enough and hence, my stopping to interpret them seriously altogether, resulting in a take-for-grantedness).

If we are never going to move into that direction, then I’m free to think about other important things and stop boring friends with regally ridiculous tales and ceased being bored by them in return ‘coz that the only miniscule cell of issue that can sustain my interest. Sigh. So, I don’t see what’s so bad or the big deal about talking over this. It’ll do a world of good for me.

If we like each other and then, er, okay. Okay, because, it’s scary too, I suppose. What happens after that? No, I like you but we can not be, such I may imagine. But if yes, I like you full stop, with no buts, no if-onlys, no anything to break the enchantment of I like you, what happens?

But of course, I won’t say. I’ll die first before I’m 100m near the topic.

Anyway, on Monday, I got The Very Expensive Tickets to watch Andrea Bocelli 2004 Live Tour in Singapore at a whooping $300 per slip of paper. I was lucky enough to be given a pair. I can’t help but think of watching with him even though it’s obviously not his cup of tea, so I asked anyway. We had a nice, cute chat but he’s meeting a group of friends already that night, plus it’s really too chi chi for him (call me to watch getai, lah) so as expected, he no-ed me.

After which, it din quite matter who was watching with me. Plus since it was a last min thing, I also din have in mind anyone in particular, other than He Who Has Already Rejected Me.

So the brilliant idea was to sms a generic message to a group of ppl: the first person to reply will get to attend the Andrea Bocelli concert with me free! Ticket per $300, @Indoor Stadium tonight ( and you get tons of boliao smses that go, am I the first, am I, am I, but it’s okay ‘coz I can’t go anyway, I just want to be first).

The vaguely good and very surprising thing that came out of this nonchalance was I received a reply from someone from JC. He can’t go either but he asked how I was doing and we are to meet for dinner or something after I’m done with the series of shows next week. But he’s cute and I hope he can offer me kind distraction for a day from someone other. See, it’s mildly dangerous when I get bored or frustrated. I ended up doing things and going out with people I normally think twice about because I’m neither ready nor prepared.

In the end, Chinyi got to go with me. And the show was quite spectacular, though I find the ever-changing backdrop more distracting than aesthetically pleasing and complementing the mood of the pieces. Rich, mellow, powerful vocals and a totally in sync orchestra/conductor, plus a great soprano, still makes me wonder why ppl are crazy enough to pay so much. But it was an expensive thrill I got from attending the concert, seated amongst high society who are much older. I stuck out like a sore thumb in my pretty casual wear and, haha, extreme youth, yay!!

He said I’m fortunate to find someone with affinity for it (he doesn’t know whether my companion is male or female)

He has the first right of refusal, I told him, as a result of my trying to be nice.

Yes, first right of refusal. Except how come he has yet to refuse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home