The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Tuesday, May 18, 2004

On Monday, I did everything that I was supposed to do for the past two weeks that I couldn't because of a still ongoing event that puts an effective stop to my social life because I get home at 11plus nightly, including weekends. That means no shopping, no dinners, no drinks, no KTV, no companions to mock existence and moan life. I can't anyway, coz I'm too drained by the end of it. But the boss was kind to give me a day-off as Monday is a no-show day. So a free day for me and I report to work at 10am on Tue.

I was quite overwhelmed by gratitude.

It was a good day. I scribbled till late morning (I have been cursed with the ability to open eyes promptly between 7-8am, no matter how late I sleep), and I get the exhilarating feeling that my novel is going somewhere. It's a three parter ie three novels actually but each can be read on its own, and the first one is close to being closed (I just have to type from my handwritten drafts, I'm relatively pleased at the shape it's taking on, for now, at the moment, at least). The second is written in spurts and so is the third (amazing huh, I'm writing all concurrently!!!! Up in flames! Genius is burning!!!). Mostly coz I have no idea how to end as of yet and so many interesting things just happen that I'm like, whatever, I will write till I'm tired and store the rest of you in my drafts till I'm ready to work on us again.

Then I went out with my sister (yes, of coz, my dear sister!! Who else wld be free on a Monday at 10 min's notice? :) and I'm very pleased to have bought 3 pretty tops. Also brought my sis to nice restaurants so that she won't be the HDB bumpkin I was at her age. Unfortunately, I had to pay for both of us. So that was less great.

Then, then, the brilliant highpoint was the impromptu decision to go KTV when we sauntered past the Suntec KBox. This was totally not on the agenda, but happened coz we were suckers for discounts (which is a remarkable irony given the money I have already blown *shudders*) and we need only pay for 1 drink and the requisite tidbits each and we can sing from 7pm till the place closes down at 3am. Because of these, and also coz I only need to report at 10am the following morn, we, decided to go for it.

Did I ever say I'm a great singer? Well, you probably know already. And I remember blogging a narcissistic piece on KTV-ing with Shimin in late Jan. NICE. I mean, that it was nice to be singing again. GREAT(And I'm downplaying even with this). That refers to my voice and singing style.

So we lalalalalala-ed all the way till midnight. After which, we rightly topped up the very fulfilling day with a ride home in a cab.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home