The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Friday, June 11, 2004

My mum can't seem to retain food and liquids for long. She keeps vomitting, so I'm worried for obvious reasons, and she doesn't eat much to begin with.

It's been only two days since her discharge and since she's been weaned off the intravenous feed, so I reason: that she needs time to get used to consuming food in the usual way, that it's a common enough syndrome, plus my very experienced nurse aunt assured me my mum is not showing any signs of dehydration as yet, so I dun have to act like a gan-cheong spider.

Anyhow, for news apart from my mum:

(1) My current boss was at cross-roads just yesterday, on how to feel towards me. She told me on wed to do a report by end of this wk, but there were too many meetings and I din have time to work on it at home, so I told her meekly could I pls hand it in on Mon.

It turns out I was supposed to get another department's team to do the job for me (well, that was not what's been written in emails, but nvrm)...oops, but I wrote 50% of the promo plan already. My boss was like ?! noooooooooo!!!! You tell the other department to do it!!! We got other things!! Okay. Oops? She called me on my mobile later that she just met the other department's director and they both agreed I was very hardworking. Okay. Thanks? Paiseh lor.

(2) The earth-shattering news would probably be that my ex-boss, you know, that person who attempted to cut me down to size and break me with horrible words and menial, petty tasks, has apparently reliquished half of her portforlio to join my current boss. Not that she was invited, mind you. It was a no-choice absorption. Hi, so we met again.

(3) My current boss just told me to extend my stay with her. Just tell HR I said so, she said. So obviously (2) and (3) together are !?

(4) The other is that my eventual and final department I'm to go to just undergo major changes too. It's been destabilised and Jude (who's from there) advised me to consider going over when things are more settled. I don't know. (2), (3) & (4) together just give a headache man. I shall lead a day at a day, just like my mum.

(5)My boss told someone I will make a good researcher. It sounds rather bad. Running through my mind what I could have done to lead her make the unflattering conclusion, I think it could have been my ability to find for her the mp3s she wants in no time at all. I just happen to know a good site what. Sigh.

(6) Jude asked me out to share he's leaving the company to join a cable network. I'm happy and proud 'coz he beat helluva lot of competitors to land the coveted post. We can still meet over dinner since his workplace is just in Tampines. And we expressed dismay and disillusionment when we compared his new workplace with the old. Oh well. I will be here for better and worse.

(7) Someone said my hair looks very good, is it permed or natural (yet again!). Incidentally, my hair was also the focal point when I met never seen before friends and long time no see relatives saw my mum and saw me. Beat that, ex-boss. You and your stupid, dry, dyed, rebonded tresses and my very black (thus to you, old and severe looking *rolls eyes*) curly natural locks! Boo.

And back to my mum after the commercial break:

Thank you to those who kept us in your prayers. Thank you for offers of help and the influx of info. Thank you for the phone calls and contacts. Thank you Ruth for your bird nest with wild ginseng. I'm better today. Yesterday was bad, I suspect coz I din sleep. During work, just hearing a familiar voice calling my office line inquiring about my mum and I made me burst into tears. Quite cheesy and gross. But yeah, I have my unflappable and perky composure back since.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home