The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Friday, May 28, 2004

207 How happy is the blameless vestal's lot!
208 The world forgetting, by the world forgot.
209 Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind!

I din like the movie as much I'd imagine I would have (it was the same thing with Jeux D'enfants, left the theatre feeling slightly lost and disappointed, somehow). I would have written the script (dialogue) quite differently based on the same premise and basic plot outline. Still, I can project on to a couple of scenes and exchanges. That could have been me. Us. I'm glad we din watch the movie together. Yes, he would have hated it, like he did for Love Me If You Dare, but for reasons different from mine. He thinks it's unrealistic *rolls eyes* and I think it's only too real for comfort. Still, the most assuring and yet made me uncomfortable too aspect of it after watching the When-Jim-Meets-Kate movie is how we can and will fall in love all over again with the same person even if we did erase The One from the memory.

Being the obligatory Lit Hons grad, it would be unbecoming to ignore the poem that led to the film being named such. The awfully long Eloisa to Abelard, written by Alexander Pope who had always written long, long stuff (and whom I have never bothered to study) is, well, long. There are some nice lines (there has to be what, hello, got 366 lines to choose from) but I'm visibly unimpressed.

But I'm rather regretting my stubbornness to not-watch Kill Bill, both 1 & 2. I just refused to. Today, I stumbled on a brillant extract from the movie 2:

Bill: Now... When it comes to you - and us - I have a few unanswered questions. So, before this tale of bloody revenge reaches its climax, I'm going to ask you some questions, and you're going to tell me the truth. However, therein lies a dilemma. Because, when it comes to the subject of me, I believe you are truly and utterly incapable of telling the truth, especially to me, and least of all, to yourself. And, when it comes to the subject of me, I am truly and utterly incapable of believing anything you say.

This is brilliant. This is so me in writing and in real life. THIS IS. THE STORY OF MY RELATIONSHIP (IN MY HEAD).

Cont:

The Bride: How do you suppose we solve this dilemma?

Bill: Well, it just so happens I have a solution.


Can anyone lend me their copies of the movies or just tell me what is the bloody solution to such a mess!

那时候 听《爱如潮水》
想象着万一我们不是一对
以后谁会在深夜里孤独的买醉
这一晚 我一个人睡
防备着那于是无补的伤悲
还有很多工作 只能面对 不能憔悴

我为我的坚强而骄傲
却为这段情 感到惭愧
我只能够承认失去了你 都无所谓

我听的歌 爱的人 说的话
是不是美丽的误会
我不能为你 不顾一切的崩溃
除非这样子能保证把你挽回

我牵的手 伤的心 流的泪
是不是浪漫的误会
是爱的太伤 还是伤的太美
难道你还不会让我的心醉
(在爱情的面前我宁愿卑微)

这一晚 听《爱如潮水》
数算着为感情而吃过的亏
彷佛的麻木是不是我学到的智能
有时候 我们都很累
还以为分手之后就有机会
让我们说后悔 为了失恋 为所欲为

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home